Episode 49: Restraints Are Abundant

"We wanted to apologize." Sage looks at me, her cheekbones still taking me off guard, she looks punier than before, while I feel Carl's hand clutch a little tighter on my fingers, not eager to let me be singled out by anyone, same as me given I don't particularly like the idea of that myself.

               "It wasn't you." I fairly speak.

               It wasn't. It was those frea-

               "Lily would like to-"

               "I don't-"

               "Please." She begs. Oh gosh. "She's very upset with herself." Sage's ordinary eyes plead with mine while the others in her group stand somewhat a distance behind her and Paul, waiting for me to set some sort of example by hearing that little psycho brat out...and I'm not really understanding why people are staring at me with expectations, until I remember that guys voice in my head...

               Him, the young man I killed, referencing me to becoming more than just a puppet, and using my stature, to rise above everyone, and lead this world out of depression.

               Ok, yeah, stupid, but it's sort of making me feel cool.

               I still don't want to forgive this little wench though, but as a gesture of trying to be polite to Sage, my feet go forwards without my entire permission towards the little blonde haired cretin who...is offering me plastic flowers?

               Delightful.

               "These are for you. I'm sorry." Her annoying face blinks with tears in her eyes while I turn back to look at Carl appearing just as uneasy and awkward as I feel. Aside from that, come to think of it, none of the group looks that humorous to be honest. It's back to their droll selves while I'm apparently the life of the party.

               Tch. Some party.

               "Thanks." I slowly speak, noticing that I have to bend down to retrieve these...what the heck? Who gives fake flowers? These are being tossed as soon as possible, sheesh. "Uh, you're forgiven." Not.

               I take another shift to go lower when I see Lily's cheeks going in and out before she tilts her chin upwards, one second I'm raising an eyebrow of curiosity, before I feel a quick spray of spit hit my face out of her unresolved spite, breaking her fake repent that I immediately act, jolting backwards only to slap her to the ground when Carl runs up beside me to pull me back.

               "What the heIl!?" I yell, same time as my boyfriend, wiping my forehead as Carl brings up his army jacket sleeve to wipe at my eyes.

               Needless to say, this parting didn't go exactly as I thought it would. Then again, it did go bad.

               Sage embarrassed, the people rotten, and the group, MY group, totally pissed.

               I don't know what it is about these people, Rick and the rest, but there's just something not friendly about any of us that has us leave a place or group of people on good terms.

               Not at all.

____________________

-Third Person P.O.V.-

               "The game you're playing Spes...it's dangerous." David muses, rubbing his temple before picking up a frame from inside his work drawer, slowly turning his chair side to side as the lamp on his planner shimmers through the green glass shade, exposing three smiling faces, one being his own, composed and handsome in his own quirky way, even though Spes never saw him as such, especially compared to her beautiful, energetic, spicy Mexican mother with light acorn skin, beaming her pearly whites as she holds her grey haired daughter on her hip, laughing while the photographer captures all three in the same space, enjoying each other's company.