Episode 2: One Hour In

"You're sure she's nowhere around here?" Estela bites her lip at Mr. Markasson's question, trying to stay calm with the knowledge her best friend is gone, out of sight with just a last goodbye smile to remember her before she went to give her a goodnight chat.

               "Yes sir." Her hands tremble. "She's not there! I've checked everywhere! She's just...Spes is gone."

               "Ok. Calm down. You've told me what you know. I think you deserve some hot chocolate. Anthony, go take her to her room." The professor smiles, and is once again left to the solitude of his room till his comrade in science, Percy Phillips enters the quarters, his eye sight lingering down the hall before shutting the door.

               "David. I'm sorry. I just heard."

               "Yes. Her friend implied that Spes might've run away."

               The way Spes would always dreamily stare at the wall, ask the occasional question concerning the life outside the safety they held dear, and possibly took for granted, it's the only logical step aside from the idea they aren't looking well enough to find her still in the mall.

               "Fvck. You're sure about that?"

               "Ever since she was little she's had a knack for finding her own direction of choice. She never hints to it either." David pinches the bridge of his nose, slightly annoyed, slightly concerned with a mix of amusement for his daughters individual thought process that he has to scoff for all these feelings at once.

               "Well what are we going to do? If she dies out there, we're fvcked." Percy almost laughs, but in a completely nervous manner.

               "I know. So obviously, we have to get her back."

               "Easier said than done."

               "We have the manpower."

               "True. I'll tell them to get going then. Who knows where she'll be though." Percy mostly sighs to himself the predicament Spes has put them in, lingering at the door before turning to see his friend musing over a special vile of nearly silver liquid, the contents enriched with all kinds of odd elements inside.

               "David." He pauses. "Do we really, need her, as much as you say? She's just a girl with tampered blood. Surely...she's replaceable?"

               A low chuckle is immediately slid out of Markasson's throat at the apparently hilarious comment, the vile in his hands twirling in his fingers until he sets it down, and a funny little smile on his thin lips appear before he answers.

               "Spes is very important, Percy. We need her. She's the mother of all the creatures that rule this earth today." His eyes shine with a sense of pride. "I fathered the possibility by using my know how of science, and she gave birth to this new age by simply being born."

               "I-I wouldn't exactly go along those lines David." Percy shifts uncomfortably as he sees his friend's mindset take a drastic, mad scientist like turn for the odd path. "She's just a host."

               "This is going to be interesting."

               "What is?"

               "Hmm...The mother has finally gone to greet her children."

               And with that, he tips the vile over, glass not even breaking, before he laughs once more.