Episode 57: Collisions

"Ah-" A shock went through me, my vision of white fading immediately after the eyesight came back, to see strangers that had convinced me I was safe, observing, all of them expressionless, not one had a fvcking face of comfort, and their gloved hands pressed tightly against my skin that I was sure I would bruise, but one sight of those paddles that brought me back to life brought on a desperate hysteria that I didn't even think about controlling.

I was afraid and unwilling to let anyone keep me still.

Especially when my father wasn't even there.

He was gone.

And I was alone.

_______________

"Abraham!" I stand up, gripping the walky talky in my left palm before he holds still and examines me in my freaking mess of nerves.

No sh1t, I'm a mess, the fvcking walky talky is still steady on red!

"The walky talky." I toss it to him only for an expression of disinterest to be returned while he twirls it in his dirty palms that look like they've been touching an engine for the past 5 hours he's been gone. Or about that long. How the fvck long does it take to fix a car? I've been here in the meantime worried and anticipating the moment Carl would show up out of nowhere and ruin my entire plan, he could still be nearby, duh, but honestly I'm just glad this dudes back.

Sh1t, how did this happen? We had a full night head start and I took the map.

I took it!

I guess Rick must've had a back up or a damm good memory to rely on. He did used to be a cop.

Fvck.

"What's this?"

"It's a pair. I have one, Carl has the other. That light, it's on red. It means he's-"

"Close?" He growls. "So if we've seen it, he's seen it and he knows we're within range." Abraham drops the words that I didn't even think about until pretty much yeah, right now.

Oh-Agh! Idiot! If I've seen he's within range, then of course he's seen it too!

Fvck!

"He's looking for us."

"I got a car." Abe sighs heavily. "Come on. Who knows how close they are." I begin to reach for my sh1t, pissed off that none of the others could let me do this my way, that we're all fvcked now because of-Gah! I'm gonna kill him! "Unless you wanna just do it their way."

"What?" I snap my head to him.

Just when he was starting to get a little cool.

"We wanted to get there, pull everyone else off their as$es and go." Uh, actually that was more your issue. "Looks like we did it." Abraham shrugs a bare second and I feel my breathing increase at the thought of him taking their side now out of all times.

Damm, I knew I hated him.

"My goal is to get there by myself, not put the others on the line. If Carl's here, he'll get in my way."

I never even thought I'd become strong enough to say something like that, or selfless enough, maybe blindly determined as well, but if Carl were here, and I tried to do things to put only me at risk, he would get in my way and stop me, and I don't need that right now. Especially since it won't benefit sh1t, i.e., our future.