Episode 33: Deal

Ok. Last update till a little while now. Anyway, new character on the side, I choose Danny Trejo to be Juan. Yay...ok then. Ta.

_____________

Sometimes, life isn't just fate...sometimes, it's just sh1tty accidents.

_____________

-13 Hours Later-

_____________

               One by one, the situation worsened, one by one, hope diminished, one by one, the truth started to clear up. One by one...the truth didn't matter anymore.

               Dry. Incredibly dry.

               The sun is swallowing up everything today. There's nothing of soft water, refreshing breeze, nor cool spray of moistness. There isn't anything, but the suffocating travel of bright sand smoking upwards into our lungs, powdering our faces, making the creases and aged and uncared for skin even more unbearable to expose to the elements than before.

               Hours of travel, wondering what the heIl will happen to us, figuring out piece by piece that Deniece sold us out to the men she thought were responsible for Tara's death, trying to think straight and piece together what all of this means...it's been getting worse.

               I don't know how we got here.

               They lined us up, knocked us out one by one, my hands shaking the entire time, and Carl's blue eyes were the final sight I remembered before I choked on musty air, minimal and barely vented to me in darkness.

               I was still tied up, but that wasn't why I felt claustrophobic.

               Everyway I turned, there was a small inch of room to wiggle in, the dirt masking fresh air for my lungs suffocated me physically while the realization that I had been buried alive, suffocated me mentally.

               Hours like this, hours that felt like fvcking days...I was in a coffin, literally underground, breathing what I thought would be my last breath, thinking of how I was going to die like this, insanity threatening to overtake as it whispered like a tiny demon prancing around, stuck in this small confinement with me.

               I saw the eyes of Infected, saw the expressions of Tara and that dead man, heard the voices of my father and his fellow scientists before speaking to myself, trying to think of a way to break free or make my last few seconds or minutes of existence meaningful to myself if no one else.

               'What if there was a way to just kill myself now' I thought? What if I just tried?

               No...there's no room. In this tiny, heated little pod that reminds me so much of experiments past and tortures for my mind, there's no use to it.

               What could I do then?

               What could I-

               That's my yoyo! Give it back!

               What?

               Why am I thinking about an insignificant kids yoyo? I broke it didn't I? That was that.

               Why don't you go strangle yourself with it then?! You're already dying in a box under the ground! Child of the Future!