Episode 47: Promise

"Agh...oh fvck. She's puking all over the damm place." The council member lifts his shoe, cringing at the white liquid I've been coughing up, grabbing one of my shirts to clean his soul before turning to see my father standing in the corner while I sweat in another, laying on the cold ground, out of breath and too tired to sit up any more so I can wretch properly. "She's in withdrawal."

               "Please." I feel the taste of medicine on my lower lip. "It hurting me...it's painful."

               "For fvcks sake what did you do to her? She looks like an animal with some fvcking disease. This is your child!"

               "You and everyone else keep telling me what I already know, yet you're not doing anything in the end because you know this has to be done. The serum didn't work, so she'll just have to excrete it."

               "You said you were going to take her off it bit by bit. Not stop it altogether." The council man with a short beard and gray eyes stares over to me, watching as I shake while another wave of coughs slur out onto the floor next to my cheek, the raw and scratchy feeling at the back of my throat harming me while I slowly reach for some water in the bottle my father provided, trying to keep the towel over my shoulders whilst doing so.

               It sucked, being addicted to that sh1t.

               It was only for a short time, thank goodness, and it wasn't like the crap Jesse went through, I guess, but it was still screwed up. It was screwed up, so much.

               Tch.

               "Hang in there kid." The man speaks, sighing and glaring at my dad and this situation, my father behind his glasses again, checking notes and crossing some t's while ignoring everything else, leaving me to my own natural processing to try and make it out of feeling sick in one peace.

               I was so cold, and I was sweating so much and...it was painful.

               I didn't want to be left alone...but having a person ignore me while in the same room...that was worse. It was fvcking worse, and I hate it. I hated it.

               Perhaps that's when I started thinking, maybe this is what I deserve. What I deserved, which blossomed my hopes to repent or make it up to anyone and everyone.

               Ha.

               Is that ridiculous?

               I'm ridiculous, weak, and...nonsensical.

               What am I thinking right now? Why am I dreaming this?

               I'm asleep.

               I'm fvcking hungry too.

______________

               Opening my eyes, staring at the ceiling while I feel Carl's body close to mine as he dreams, I put a hand over my lashes and sigh at how hard sleeping is now a days.

               Sh1t, will these fvcking nightmares ever end? They're tiring me out before I even wake up, what gives?

               What was that noise?

               Was that my stomach?

               That better be my stomach because I'm hungry.