Episode 55: No Matter What, I Love You

Don't...

               Don't do this.

               Not to me. Please, don't do this to me.

               Please, I'm right here, begging you, don't do this to me.

               Spes.

               Don't.

________________

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               "Listen up!" Rick takes the same stance I've seen him take a thousand times before addressing people in need of his words, the outcome of what will be, following, and I literally breathe in relief that we've taken the hacienda, given ourselves the freedom to leave this place, and finally get to D.C. like I've hoped for all along.

               I'm fvcking tired of everything by now, exhausted and not in the mood to wait much longer. After having my saber secured back on my hip, there's a feeling of power that races over me, now that I'm not totally defenseless, save for my hand to hand combat skills that are probably starting to get a bit rusty by now, I feel better.

               Either way I guess I could use Carl's punching bag to practice. What the heIl did he do to Jace's face? I mean it's an improvement but...sh1t.

               I don't give my boyfriends muscles enough credit apparently.

               My alive boyfriend, thank goodness.

               I'm still recovering from the thought of him being dragged back to me; neck cut open like Jace said he was going to do, making me pissed but then again fragile to the future.

               "You're our prisoners now." My leaders cold eyes take in the sight before him, Reagan with his family in the center of the front yard, all 30 or so of them, weaponless and made to follow Rick's decisions, which I'm wondering about myself, given he's also fvcking insane.

               "And what do you intend to do with us? Rick?" Our ex-host, yeah ex, sullies the air with his Brit accent, contrasting so well to Rick's southern one that it's literally amusing me about now. "Shoot us all? Every one of us?"

               I call dibs on Jace if that's the way we're headed.

               "Contrary to what you may think, not all of us are even half as brutal as you've materialized in your mind. We're different. I am the one who goes the extra length. Takes care of my flock by whatever means necessary. I am their shepherd. When one of my sheep is slaughtered by a wolf like your friend, I don't wait for it to happen again or go unpunished. I act. Accordingly."

               "I think we both know that there a few wolves in your herd as well." I see Rick glance at Jace, his nose finally dried up of blood while his father licks his lower lip in knowledge to what his son is. A liar, a freak, and a psycho.

               "Do what you will. Just remember, this was my home, and if you follow through with this, Rick...You'll have innocent blood on your hands. Innocent blood."

               "I still want to find Jesse." Percy speaks up, looking amongst my group.

               Yeah. Finding Jesse. Good idea. He's gotta be around here somewhere. If we're going to leave today, we can't go without him. The whole reason he stuck with this group was for D.C. and I intend to fulfill his dreams along with the others.