56

~KUNMI~

I couldn't wipe the huge grin off my face.

It was just there, as if my face had been permanently morphed into that facial expression, a very huge smile and no matter how hard I tried to wipe it off, it just kept going back to that form.

My brain had been wrapped up around two things. Mostly one thing but split into two things.

Adam.

And the kiss or should I say kisses?

I could feel my face getting colored up at the thought and subconsciously, I started tracing my lower lip with my finger. I never knew I had it in me to kiss like that but then, there were lots of things I never thought I could do or be a lot of things until Adam.

Adam, that boy with the golden smile and honey eyes. He invaded my thoughts at any opportunity till he was all I could think about, till he was all I was thinking about.

"Hmm hmm. This one that you're smiling to yourself and touching your lips. Hmm hmm."

That wiped the smile off my face immediately and I tried to keep a blank expression. I've forgotten that Aminah was sitting opposite me and that we were supposed to be in the middle of a conversation.

"See, I thought we were having a conversation but I've been talking to myself since morning."

I stilled my face, stilled my lips that were threatening to stretch into another smile.

"Of course not, I heard everything you've been saying na."

"Really?" She asked, her voice coming out teasingly. "Then what was the last thing I said?"

Ohhh. I pursued my lips, tried to rack my brain of what we've been talking about but the truth was that I've not even been listening at all. I did not even know what we were talking about at all.

"Eeeeh, I'm sorry." I said, trying to sound and look as apologetic as possible. "I'm sorry. I just... I was just..."

"You were just thinking about Adam." She interrupted me in an highly suggestively tone that made me smile, that made me bite my lips to stop the smile from deepening.

"Oh, Ya Allah, look at you. Just because I mentioned Adam's name, you've turned Tomato red and he's not even here." She rattled off teasingly and some of my classmates that were in class turned to look at us, brows raised questioningly.

"So, you guys are like official now?

"Hmmm," I nodded. "I think so."

"Wow, you guys are dating now?" She screamed, exclaimed, shouted that I shot out of my seat in a jiffy and I covered her mouth with my palm but the damage was already done because our classmates heard already. Some looked at us, heads shaking in disappointment because they did not understand why we'd be talking about mundane things like that when our promotional exams were just two weeks away while others looked at us curiously, wondering if I was really dating Adam like the rumors that had been flying around were saying.

Aminah kept mumbling something underneath my palm and instead of letting go, I pressed it tightly against her mouth. That made her to bite me, her teeth sinking deeply into my palm and I let go.

"I was only saying that you owe me a treat."

"A treat?" I repeated dumbly, wondering how the conversation even got to the point of treating each other out.

"Yes, a treat." She beamed in her overly excited Aminah's voice. "You owe me a treat that you guys are now official." She continued and my mouth dropped open. On days like this, I saw Zero difference between Aminah and Sophia. Infact, I was starting to believe they had more similarities than they'd ever realize because of their feud.