67

This chapter marks the end of Olympia and we'd be saying bye bye to our fictional friends from Stilling the Storm by Iyanuoluwa-Temi if you're still not reading your book, well, you're on your own.

                                   ~KUNMI~

The night dragged on for forever till it was finally dawn.

It was finally the last day of Olympia and it was supposed to be a fun filled day. They were lots of fun activities lined up for today, games, hangout and the likes before it'd finally be the time for the highlight of the day, the award's night, more like a dinner to commemorate our days during the Olympia. It was what Aminah had looked forward to the most. She had personally made her mom get her gown from one of the best fashion Empires in the country. It was a huge babyish gown that made me laugh when I saw it and that made me ask her what she was going to wear to our prom.

But now, the girl that had been anticipating the Award's night was just lying on her bed, eyes fixed on her phone and so quiet, so stilly quiet that it was hard to believe that she was even in the room.

Aminah should be the one screaming my head off and begging me to hurry up so we'd go and join others under the pavilion. Most of the students were there, hanging out, making memories with their new friends that they might never even see again. Even Elyon and Tolani were not in the room.

We shouldn't be in the room on a normal day but there wasn't anything normal again about us, not since Olympia started, especially not after yesterday.

Yesterday.

The memories of what happened yesterday flashed unbridled in my mind and it was enough to turn my blood to ice.

That Sophia. That tone. That wickedness and evil. That wasn't the Sophia I was used to. That wasn't the Sophia I know.

That wasn't the Sophia I know.

Am I even sure I knew her at all?

It's no fun if you're acting this way.

You were the one who advised me to go for him. You told me to make an attempt even though he had a girlfriend. Why are you acting so pathetic now that you've realized that you're the girlfriend?

The stupid and annoying advice that Aminah gave her during that sleepover. I've always thought she was going to use it against her. Knowing the Sophia then, I knew she was going to use it against her, then, I became closer to her and I started to see that weird and childish side to her and I thought that was all to her, that the other side, the proud and stuck up and mean one was the facade and that she'd never hurt Aminah, at least not like that.

But could I have been more wrong?

And you were the one who said you'd take a cheating boyfriend back so why are you acting like this now?

The way she said those words, the fact that she could even say those words in that manner to a girl that was obviously hurting and falling apart in front of her was inhuman. Very inhumane.

I remembered that day clearly now. The day at Ibadan when we were in the hotel room and Aminah and Sophia had gotten into that argument about that fat girl taking back a cheating partner or not. Aminah had insisted she'd have taken him part if he was sorry and Sophia had said 'I'd advice you as a friend, not to take him back.'