~41~

~KUNMI~

I opened the door to see a beaming Aminah. Her smile disappeared from her face when she saw me or rather saw the fact that I wasn't dressed up. Infact, it was way pass noon and I was still in my pyjamas

"Babe, why are you not dressed? I thought we agreed on 12pm."

She queried, walking into the living room and I closed the door after her. She was the only one agreed, not me. I did not even say I was going to follow her to the salon or wherever.

"I know that look, Kunmi." Aminah started again, turning back to look at me when we got to the sitting room. "You're trying to think of an excuse but you know what? I'm definitely not going to buy it. I'm dragging you out of the house."

She completed cheekily before she turned towards the direction of the stairs and she raced up to my room, I supposed.

Looked like she was even more comfortable in the house than I was.

I climbed the stairs slowly, thinking back to two days, when I told Adam about what happened with Tara. I've done everything these past two days, everything but to think about the fact her messages in my dm but every time I closed eyes, I just saw her lying in the music studio, blood everywhere.

She was barely 14 and I couldn't even be there for her.

I entered my room to see Aminah pulling out clothes from my closet. I guessed they were what she wanted me to wear to the supposed salon. I looked at her warily. I just wanted to continue sleeping. I've been doing a lot of that.

"What top do you want to wear? This or this?"

She asked, holding two different tops in both hands. I ignored her and I just sat on my bed. Her expression changed from a beaming one to a worried one immediately and she joined me on the bed, her eyes searching me worriedly.

"Hey, are you okay? You look really down."

I blinked repeatedly.

"Yes, I'm just in a bad mood, I guess."

Her face brightened up immediately and her face morphed into a very huge smile which made me frown because me being moody sure couldn't be good news for her, could it?

"A bad mood? I've gotten the perfect cure for it. Let's just get out of this house first."

She was already on her feet and she was trying to pull me up from the bed. I appreciate her efforts but I just really wanted to be left alone.

"Aminah, let's just stay at home..."

She pouted and it made her look like a kid begging for ice cream. My lips stretched into a smile before I could help it.

"Let's just go out. You won't regret it and besides, resumption is next week, you can just make your hair."

Resumption? Next week? I had forgotten that resumption was just in few days time. I touched my hair that was packed into a messy bun on my head. I know I should make another one but not today, I just wanted to crawl into bed and continue sleeping.

"Don't think of saying no. You need to get out of this boredom."

"Aminah..."

"Kunmi.."

She whined, shaking my hands and shaking me in the process. I shook my head and eventually, I gave in. Maybe I needed to do something that'd make me forget for a while.

*********

I immediately regretted following Aminah out when we stepped into the exquisite salon, Tiara's palace. Bola was sitting on one of the chairs, beaming at us or rather beaming at Aminah. Looked like I just saw someone who'd put me in a worse mood."