~13~

~Adams~

I did not plan on attending Aminah's party. I did not even tell mom of the party at all and I was even watching a documentary with her when Kunle arrived all dressed up. He must have guessed I was planning on skipping the party and he turning up, unannounced at my house sealed that deal. Especially when his driver already left and he was counting on me as his ride to the party. I was left with no choice but to attend the party.

And here I was, sitting in a crazy circle at the party with the girl beside me not so discreetly running her hands through the entire length of my thighs. I moved my legs away from her and she'd casually move closer to me. It was getting annoying but I just decided to humor her.

Sophia, not quite long with a grand entrance and I just couldn't help but to notice how she's been beaming at Aminah since she arrived. This isn't Sophia, not the Sophia I know sha.

I turned to look at the girl beside her. Kunmi, well, Kunmi...

I stopped because the girl's hand was slowly inching towards my Zipper. Wtf? How did I even get here?

"Can you please stop doing that?"

My voice was low and humorless and for a moment, I wondered how it'd feel like to yank her hands away.

Don't go there.

Six pairs of eyes peered at me and the girl muttered something like "Excuse me?" I swallowed an imaginary lump before looking at her.

"Stop touching me. I hate it."

The plastic smile on her face dissolved into a scowl and Sophia burst into laughter.

"Have some manners, Adams. That's no way to talk to a lady."

I glared at her and she pretended to cower before she winked at her. I shook my head, silently praying for the good lord to give her sense.

"I have to use the toilet."

I did not wait for anyone before I stood up to go in search of a fictional toilet. I only wanted to get away from the crowd and the loud music. I found myself climbing the stairs, probably to look for a balcony. I needed the fresh air.

I breathe in the deep and fresh air as I leaned against the railings. I could almost see the entire estate from the balcony with all the street lights and bulbs from the house lighting up the entire estate making it beautiful. I could hear the music faintly from where I stood. I loved the solace it brought and I was enjoying the absolute bliss until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned back with a frown on my face.

It was Kunmi and my lips instinctively stretched into a lopsided grin. She stopped when she saw me though I couldn't make out her expression because the balcony was dark.

"I never knew you were here, I'll just go back."

She started to turn back and my hands instinctively reached out.

"Oh. It's okay. You can stay."

She turned back, her steps hesitant. I could tell that she was weighing her options. Maybe she wanted to be alone too. She finally started walking towards me.

"Okay, I'll just stay."

She started to walk towards me and I turned back towards the railings, my shoulders relaxing in a relief sorta feeling.

Which I don't know why.

She leaned on the railings and I imagined her taking in the view. We stayed in comfortable silence for a while and I cleared my throat to talk, she beat me to it.