~11~

~Kunmi~

I took a deep breath as I entered the supposed art gallery and contrary to the resolution I already made that I won't be surprised by anything in this school again, I just couldn't help but to open my mouth in a small surprised O as I took in the Art Gallery. I've only been to one Art Gallery and it doesn't even hold a candle to this place. The room was huge that I get I should probably call it a hall self. Framed portraits were hung on the walls. The room was divided into sections, just like a library except that it wasn't shelves dividing them, it was walled that had artworks hung on them too.

God. This school deserves some accolades.

I felt the movement of a palm in the front of my eyes and that brought me of my trance. I blinked once, then twice to see Adams smiling.

'Everybody get this same expression you had just now their first time of coming here. I'm used to it but it's still kinda intriguing to see you all dazed like that.'

I blinked twice, no, thrice as if they would make it sure I heard him correctly.

Intriguing? And why is he talking to me like we're close friends?

Well, aren't you friends?

No way.

He waved his hands in front of my eyes again and that snapped me out of my reverie.

Now, he must think you're weird; zoning out twice in less than 3 minutes.

I swallowed and met his eyes. I looked away immediately because I'm not a fan of making and maintaining eye contact and I don't think I can handle the intensity of his gaze.

Does he do that on purpose or is that just how his eyes are?

Ask him.

No way.

'Wow. I thought I was the pro at zoning out but I have a boss. Your thoughts keep straying off.'

I swallowed and blinked because I did not know what to say. I don't know how to make conversations with people. I smiled before walking to the first artwork. It was an aesthetic drawing of some set of students.

'Cresent High first set and that's over 15 years ago.'

Oh wow.

The artworks were nice and I was starting to think there must be a professional artist that was drawing all of them and they were just passing it off as their students but I remembered I saw a gold medal in a visual art competition in the Principal's office.

'Wow. They're all really good. I wonder how it feels like to be so good at something. I can't even draw a straight line successfully.'

He burst into laughter and I momentarily paused about what I had said to make him laugh and how an ordinary sound can roll off so perfectly and beautifully that I imagined it to be some sort of soothing music.

Too bad he stopped laughing as soon as he started.

'Oh come on, you can't be that bad and besides, we all have one or two things we do best.'

I shrugged even though he's right but some of us have a thousand and one demons pinning that one thing down.

We continued to around the gallery with him explaining some things about the drawings to me. I got to know they have different themes they work on in a week and that explained all these numerous artwork. I'm pretty sure if they should put some of the paintings up for auction, they'd make huge money.