~42~

~KUNMI~

I entered my room with a scowl on my face. Junior just pranked me. I was in my room, gisting away with Aminah, more like she was the one doing all the gisting and I was just listening when my younger brother screamed that Adam was asking of me downstairs. I forgot everything immediately and I stood up from the bed, wore my flip flops in the wrong way only to get to the sitting room to meet my brother lauging hard. He was practically rolling on the floor.

Would it hurt to smolder him just for a second? But then, he looked too cute for me to even twitch his ears.

Aminah was also laughing when I got back to the room and I knew she must have heard what happened downstairs. She was sitting on my bed, her neck stretched forward because of her new hair that was obviously causing her a great discomfort. She had tried to lie down in thousand of positions when we got back from the salon but she eventually gave up and she resorted to sitting instead.

Made me wonder if she was going to sit through the night too.

"If you miss Adam that much, just go to him. He's just in the next house, isn't he?"

I chuckled to myself at her words. So easy for her to say. Just go over to the next house and ask of him?

No way!

Especially after what happened three nights ago. The memories came rushing back and the smile that was forming on my face was wiped off immediately. Tara's messages were still in my dm.

"Or do you want me to help you call him?"

She held up her phone as if she really wanted to call someone and I was quick in snatching it away from her.

"Of course not."

"Then, just go and meet him or is it because I'm here?"

She asked again, her voice coming out teasingly and I found myself smiling.

"Of course not."

She raised one of her eyebrows at me, a smirk on her face.

"So, you really like him? Hmm?"

She asked, moving closer to me and nudging me with her right elbow. Trust Aminah to never relent when it comes to things like this.

"Who am I even kidding? It's so obvious that you're smitten by him."

I rolled my eyes and I leaned away from her but that smile wouldn't leave my lips.

"Heyyy, look at that smile on your face."

She hugged a teddy bear to her chest, her famous Aminah smile still on her face. Now,  we were both smiling at each other without absolutely no reason.

"I think liking someone is one of the best feelings in the world. That feeling that you completely belong to that person or that the person completely to you. That this person would always put you first no matter what and that this person would always have your back. I think we all deserve to feel like that, at least once in our life and then, there's absolutely nothing like you're too young to feel things like that. Feelings are feelings, age has nothing to with it."

Gone was the happy and goofy smile on her face and it was now replaced by a wistful, almost sad smile and her tone was laced with nostalgia.

Or was it longing?

She met my eyes and the wistful smile was instantly replaced by her signature Aminah smile. I frowned, wondering what that was all about.

It couldn't be, could it?