~27~

A very loooooong chapter. I apologize in advance.

~ADAM~

I had no place to go in mind when I left our class but I found myself looking around, eyes searching for one person;

Kunmi.

She wasn't in the love garden so I guessed she'd probably be in the cafeteria which I seriously doubted because she couldn't have possibly gone alone.

I climbed down the stairs and I found myself heading towards the cafeteria. The school's cafeteria was located behind the block of studios so I had to walk past them before getting there. I was almost in front of the music studio when my phone vibrated in my pocket and I brought it out only to see the name coz flashing on the screen.

Just know that if I should die now, It's Charles' handiwork. I pressed the red button at the same time I looked up and I nearly bumped into someone.

Kunmi.

Dèjá Vu.

Except that it was here. We've been here before. I found myself smiling as I remembered that time. So long ago. Who'd have thought that girl would come to mean this much to me?

I don't know how much but it was so much for me to keep thinking about her.

For me to want to be with her at every single moment.

For me to look for her when I should be heading to the Arts Studio.

For the first time, I felt like I could have another addiction apart from drawing, painting, sketching. Apart from Arts itself.

She could become my favorite Art.

From the look in her eyes and the small smile on her lips, I could tell that she was remembering that moment too and I felt my lips stretching into a more prolonged smile.

"Where are you going? She asked me as she took two steps back as if to break our almost too close proximity.

"I was looking for you," I replied in less than a heartbeat. Her eyes widened and her lips parted in surprise and I almost laughed at how flushed she looked.

"Why?" Her voice came out in a whisper. "Did anything happen?"

"Nah. You weren't in class and you weren't with Aminah so I came down to look for you."

She looked at me strangely, her russet eyes almost rolled to their sockets. I heard a movement from behind her and I looked up to see Alex coming out of the music studio.

What was he doing in the music studio? The whole school thought he wasn't going to play music again.

He stopped short when he saw us and his eyes flickered from me to Kunmi, then to and fro again before he rested his eyes on me with his lips stretching upwards in something like a sardonic smile. Kunmi looked at me strangely when she noticed I was looking at something behind her before she turned back too.

Alex finally broke the stare down and he walked away but not before saying; see you around comrade.

"Comrade? Are you guys fighting a war together or something?"

"Trust me, I have no idea."

She replied, her voice coming out in a cackle. I looked back at Alex, he was now in front of the academic block. I think everyone has a story to tell, a little bit of a sad story and I think Alex has one of the saddest stories to tell. We were never friends. Hell! He wasn't the type to keep friends except for Gabriella but he mingled well with everybody and it was impossible not to know Alex. Impossible just like it's impossible to predict when tragedy would stick too.