~31~

Heyyyyyy, I'm here. Before you read this chapter, please make sure you've read chapter 30 or at least finished reading it. Most people complained about seeing a blank update, just half of the chapter and not even getting notified of the update at all. You can remove the book from the library and add it again if you have any of the complaints.

                               ~Adam~

It wasn't that I don't xcursions or school trips and all that but the fear at the back of my mind, the fear that had always been at the back of my mind would not allow me to want to go.

It would never allow me to be at rest even if I should em.

The fear that I wouldn't meet mom at home, the fact that dad's anger would have made him to something that would be irreversible.

The only time I can stay away from home and be at peace was whenever dad was away on one of his numerous business trips.

That time, I'd at least, know that nothing would happen to mom.

When Sophia tried to push, tried to get me to say that I'd go for the excursion, I had felt something snap in me, something terrifying, the beginning of the anger that always terrifies me, the beginning of the anger that I always have no control over, the beginning of that anger that I might have inherited from dad.

Was this how my dad started too? By going through intense anger, as deep and dark as this? It took me all of my self-restraint not to scream my reply at her and even when I finally replied to her, I saw that look of shock on her face before I walked out of the class.

She was only looking out for me.

She shouldn't be at the receiving end of my bad moods, my anger.

Especially when she has her fair share of things giving her emotional turmoil, which might even be worst than what I was going through.

The Visual Arts Studio was empty when I got there and while I had initially come here to draw or paint or do anything that'd get my mind off my bad thoughts, my mind and hands couldn't come up with anything to dr   aw, min aft taring blankly at atat theanat theI atthey gave up and I stood up from the stool to sit in a more comfortable chair.

I sat there, head turned up, eyes closed, thoughts in a million directions but with one major one, Does it get to Kunmi that I act like this? Does she see me as a maniac or probably bipolar?

I heaved a sigh just as I heard someone open the door. My eyes remain closed as the person walked further into the studio, almost on tiptoes because I could hardly hear the sound of their footsteps but I could almost tell who it was, the floral scent plus the perfect blend of jasmine and rose that alwaysremindeddedededed of a garden of flowers could only be one person but yet, I forced my eyes to remain shut believing that my ears and nose were now acting up.

The scent drift closer as I felt the person walk in front of me and then, that loud thud on the desk. My eyes flew open in time to meet her startled ones. It was her.

My sanctuary.

She smiled tightly, the smile looking more like an apology than an actual smile.

"I'm sorry. I just came to drop this."

She tilted her head towards the direction of whatever she just dropped on the desk but I wasn't even following that, I was just staring at her and trying to think of how we got here.

"I'll just leave now."

She said again when I did not say anything and I was pretty sure that I was creeping her out with the way I was looking at her. She started to walk away and my hands grabbed hers before I could even stop myself. She looked back, eyes wide in surprise, lips slightly parted,