~34~

Hey, before you read on, last update was a double update. I think most
people only read chapters 32 and
         they skipped chapter 33.    

Dedicated to Symp_licit_tee ♥️♥️❤️❤️🤗

                                  ~Adam~

Maybe coming to the excursion was a bad idea after all. From the very moment I left home, I've been worried sick about mom. It wouldn't even allow me to be focused on the trip. Nothing could get my mind off her, off worrying about her. Even Sophia's occasional jeers were only able to get my mind off her for a few minutes and it was only after Alex snapped at Gabriella about stopping his song from being played that I at least tried to get my shit together. There were thousands of people out there who probably have it worst than I do.

Alex Chatta was famous for one thing in the whole of our school and that was his voice. His voice was the legacy that preceded him. The world took that away from him.

Maybe Music was more than just a passion for Alex, maybe it was more like his sanctuary, his escape, his space, and the world took that away from him. I've always imagined myself in his shoes, me getting diagnosed with some sort of paralysis in my hands, something, anything that would render me unable to draw. I'll probably die before the doctors even get to utter those words. And yet, he was coming to school, doing his business, and smiling at people. Other than the fact that he shut everybody out, he was doing just fine. I wouldn't have been able to do anything if I were in his shoes.

Back then in Junior classes and even SS1, it was Alex Chatta with his music against the world, against his parents who wanted him to be anything other than a musician. I remembered that his dad, Chief Chatta of Gold and Rock, one of the biggest telecommunication companies in Africa had come to school personally and he had threatened to withdraw his son from the school, withdraw all sponsorships and we all knew what they meant. He after all sponsors more than 50% of the school but Alex was a firm believer that he held his destiny in his hands, he continued playing his music, continued doing his thing is own way until the world taught him that he was nothing but a mere pencil in the hands of the creator.

Music wasn't just a passion for him, it was a lifestyle, his lifestyle. We were never close but it was impossible not to know what's up with Alex. He was a god with the piano, the guitar, drums, violin, and when he open his mouth to sing, the world would stop to listen. He lost that voice. He always had concerts to attend, parties to perform at and he always have one thing or the other to throw a party for just so he'd perform. He was even in a very loose band with Gab and a couple of other guys from other schools and everything went down the drain because of one stupid diagnosis.

He probably has even more reasons to be angry at the world than any other person. If I was sure of one thing, it's that he was only holding on, on the outside, on the inside, he must be dead already.

Too sad. Probably the saddest tale ever.

But then, broken dreams or not, how and when did he get this close to Kunmi?

To the point of whispering things into her ears? That sly guy. I don't trust him with her.

At all. The fact that he even decided to sit with us instead of sitting alone or sitting with Gab was one thing and then, we ended up in the same room was another thing. From the moment we got to the hotel which was already quite late in the evening, he had used his headset, completely tuning out the rest of the world.