~37~

Dedicated to sheistiara_. Thank you for what you did on WhatsApp♥️♥️. They're both going to have sense from this chapter.

~Adam~

"I'm glad you guys are here, I just want to start undoing my braids."

Was the first thing Sophia said to Kunle and I when she opened the door for us and she did not wait for us to reply before she started walking into the house. I exchanged a knowing glance with Kunle who only shrugged.

"And how is that a good thing that we're here?"

She paused in the foyer at Kunle's words and she turned, looked at him over as if he just asked the most stupid question ever.

"Because you guys are going to help me with the hair. Do I really have to spell that out?"

She replied with a bored tone and a even more bored expression, her hands touching her hair. Then she walked away to her room, leaving us to find out way around, that's if we could.

"Is this the part where we turn back and return to where we came from?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, at his words.

"I don't know about you and I'm not ready to return to where I came from."

I walked into the sitting room and I heard his laugher 10 seconds lather. That was how long it took for him to get his own joke.

The sitting room would passed for a very large hall in another contest. Brown sofas arranged in a semi circle, a flat screen TV almost covering the entire left wall. Chandeliers hanging down from the roof and the portraits on the walls, it looked like all the free walls was adorned with family portraits. Well, Sophia was always framing her personal pictures and hanging them. Now, the sitting room looked more like a gallery.

Sophia was watching one fashion show when we got to her room. She was sitting on the Sofa in front of her TV and hugging one huge packet of chin chin to her chest.

"Shouldn't you at least welcome us?"

She paused her munching and she looked at us briefly.

"As per you guys are??"

"Your best friends."

"I can denounce you guys if you want then."

"Come on babe, you don't have to be so mean."

Kunle replied her and he attempted to grab the packet of chin chin from her but she slapped his hands away.

"Behave yourself, my brother is around."

I was about to sit down but I found myself standing up. Kunle was almost frozen on the place where he sat.

"Your brother is around?"

He asked, echoing her words dumbly.

Sophia just nodded, her eyes still fixed on the TV.

"Yes, he's around so you guys should just sit down in one corner and bahave yourself."

Oh wow. I sat down back beside Kunle, careful not to relax too much because her brother could just enter the room. We've known Stephen for as long as we've known Sophia. He was even an SS3 student when we were in JSS1. He was cool, nice and all that but when it came to his sisters, he has to be the most protective brother I've ever seen. He looked at us as if he was waiting for us to mess up with Sophia so he'd punch the living day light out of us.