bad reputation | daniel seavey

i placed my food down on the cafeteria table and sighed. "what's up with you?" gabbie asked, sitting opposite me. "just the fact that i've been paired up with daniel for the science project."

her eyes widened. "no way! are we talking about daniel as in daniel seavey, the guy who has loads of tattoos and gets high every weekend?" i nod my head.

daniel had a really bad reputation at my school. his attendance was awful, just about attending school two days a week. whenever he did come to school, his eyes were always red and he looked tired so he would sleep at the back of class which caused the teachers to think he didn't want to try at all.

i knew i was going to have to put all the work in myself but of course daniel would get some of the credit too since he is my partner.

"hey, pretty." a familiar voice said and i turned around to see jack avery, the school's player wrapping his arms around me. i rolled my eyes and took his hands off me, knowing what he wanted. "the answer is no, jack." i bluntly replied.

"but you don't even know what i'm going to ask."

"do you wanna make out?" i answered him.

"woah there, don't get too eager." he chuckled and i flicked him off, realising what he had done. "so is that a yes?"

"i've told you a million times, i'm not interested." i said and turned back around to face gabbie in hopes he would leave. "suit yourself, what about you miss?" he then focussed his attention to gabbie and she raised an eyebrow. "i'll take that as a no then."

we laughed as he walked off and then we began eating our food. "how is your history project going?" i questioned her to which she just shrugged. "i'm going to be one hundred percent honest, i haven't started it."

"girl, it's due tomorrow." i said, surprised that she left her work this late. "i'll figure something out." she sighed.

our conversation soon changed to other stuff like our love lives and the usual girly gossip. we were soon interrupted by someone sliding onto the bench next to me. "what's up?" the voice said and i realised it was daniel.

"can i help you?" i said, piercing my juice box with a straw. "yes, when are we starting on the project?" i was shocked. "since when do you ever take school work seriously?"

"listen, i've been told by the principal my grades need to improve otherwise i'll be kicked out of this school. if i get kicked out, no other school would accept me as a new student because of my bad reputation. so i kinda need to start making an effort, okay?" he explained.

"well i'm free any time." i shrugged. "great, meet me in the library after school." was all he said before grabbing his stuff and leaving.

"i didn't expect that." gabbie hummed. "me neither."

-♡-

i quickly left class after last period, telling gabbie i couldn't hang until later on. "it's fine, come to mine at 7." she hugged me and wished me luck to which i thanked her.

i made my way over to my locker, grabbing my science notes before heading over to the library which was near the math hallway. when i arrived i scanned the room, looking for daniel but he wasn't there.