high school drop out | zach herron

it was literally so early in the morning and my brother, jack avery and his mates were downstairs bashing their drums and i was sick of it.

i was trying to sleep through it but i'd had enough so i got up and stomped downstairs, purposely putting extra weight on my feet to signal i was angry.

'jack can you stop banging the drums it's so early.' i groan as i enter the front room. jonah, corbyn and daniel were sitting on the couch using their phones and jack sat on the stool behind the drums with the sticks in his hands.

zach, his best friend piped up out of nowhere and i groaned when i saw him. 'actually y/n it's 11am so he can make as much noise as he wants to.' he says coming in from the kitchen with my cereal in his hands.

i rolled my eyes at him, 'shut it, smartass.'

'he's not really smart, he's a high school dropout, anyway go back to your room you're so annoying.' jack laughed and i put up my middle finger.

'high school dropout huh? explains a lot.' i laugh and went back up the stairs.

when i get to my room i shut my door and decide to get dressed for the day since i'd already been woken up. i had a quick shower, got dressed into some jean shorts and a cute cropped top and then made my bed.

jack comes and bursts open my room door making me jump out my skin.

'fucking hell jack!' i yell, placing my hand on my now fast beating heart. 'ever heard of knocking' i sarcastically say and glance at him.

'yeah yeah, me and the guys are going to the mall to get some stuff before tour.'

i roll my eyes. 'and i care because...?' i look over at him wondering why he would tell me anything anyway.

'zach's staying with you because you can't be trusted by yourself.' he smiles.

'what! no no no i'm 17 i can look after myself jack do not leave me with him.' i groan and face palm.

'and also partly because i know how much you love him.' he winks and shuts my door.

great.

i look out the window and see corbyn, daniel and jonah making their way to jack's car, finally followed by jack himself as he got in the front and drove off.

after sitting and sulking in my room for a bit, i go downstairs to the kitchen because i'm pretty hungry and i see zach eating my lucky charms straight from the box.

'are you stupid?' i roll my eyes at him and he shrugs.

'what?' he says and continues eating the cereal out of the box.

'when people have cereal, they eat it with milk and put it in a bowl?'

'i don't care.'

'no wonder you're a high school dropout.' i whisper to myself and turn away from him and grab some cookies from the pantry.

zach jumps out his chair and pulls my arm so i turn to face him. 'what was that?' he says as he looks me in the eyes.

'literally said nothing so shut up and move.' i barge past him leaving my cookies behind and he follows me up to my room.