don't leave | jonah marais

based upon the song "swear to god" by blackbear its in the media ^ if you want to listen - i'd recommend playing it along with the chapter <3

i smiled, watching my boyfriend and his four friends go onto the stage. we were at a club and it happened to be karaoke night so they decided they were going to sing a song as well.

the club was packed and i was excited for them to perform even though they'd had bigger audiences then this. i tried to catch jack's eye as he told the person controlling the music the song but he didn't want to look at me.

i sighed and glanced at my feet. jack had been acting weird lately and it wasn't like him, i thought maybe he wasn't in the mood sometimes but even wanting a hug from him became hard. it made me really sad to see him acting like this and i had no clue why, all i wanted was for us to act like a proper couple how we would a few months ago.

i was pulled out of my thoughts when i heard the music playing and i softly smiled, instantly recognising the tune of the blackbear song. daniel started singing first, there was no need for the screen of lyrics to be on because they all knew them off by heart as did i.

"i spent another night alone again..woke up in the coldest, coldest bed."

i quietly sang along with him as the crowd went wild. he passed the microphone to zach after finishing his part.

"i ran into god at the liquor store, she asked me what i'm always running for."

zach smiled to the audience as they clapped and cheered for him too then shifted the mic to corbyn.

"i gotta get out, i gotta get with it. i got too much doubt... and i don't know my limit."

onto jonah.

"but i could deny and i could just lie, but i'm forthcoming to you."

then jack and this time he finally looked up at me, catching my eye in the crowd.

"i'm telling the truth, i cheated on you, it didn't feel good, promised i'd change but you see right through.....i'm sick of taking flights to see these other girls i swear i'm gonna change.....i'm sick of taking drugs and feeling bad."

my heart stopped when he sang the lyrics, he was singing them to me. it was as if the whole place had gone silent because i couldn't hear a thing and my head was suddenly banging.

i grabbed my stuff and left, feeling as if i was going to puke. i ran out of the club and onto the street where i threw up before getting into my car and driving off.

the tears rolled down my face as i clenched the steering wheel hard and sobbed when i got to a red light. jack was cheating on me this whole time and he tells me through the song.

it was all making sense, the nights he's come home late and the lack of affection. he purposely chose that song to tell me. the car behind me honked and i realised the light was green so i drove off, most definitely going over the speed limit.

'how could he?' i whispered, now feeling angrier then ever. my hands had gone white from how hard i was tensing so i tried to relax a little although it didn't work.

my phone which was on the passenger seat started ringing and i looked down to see the name 'baby' on it. i rolled my eyes and ignored it, not wanting to speak to him now or ever again for that matter.