skater boy | corbyn besson

"don't worry i've got you." my boyfriend reassured me as i stepped onto his skateboard. he was holding my hands to keep me balanced since i was already shaking.

"i can't go down that ramp, it's so high." i said, looking where all the skaters were sliding down it and doing tricks. "i know you're a beginner, but you're not that much of a beginner." jack explained and i giggled.

"i'll help you balance over the edge, but then i'll let go and you'll slide down ok?" he asked and i nodded, although i was fearful.

jack moved me to the edge, half of the board in the air and the other firmly on the ground. "ready?"

"yep."

he nudged me forward and let go so i went down the ramp, screaming the whole time, but managing to stay on. "see, you did it!" he called back when the skateboard stopped moving. "never again!"

he chuckled as he came down to get me. there were loads of other people skating around us so it was hard to get out the middle, but we managed to. "teach me another trick." i smiled at him and i watched his face gleam with excitement.

he'd been asking me for ages to come here with him and i'd been putting it off for ages, afraid of falling and hurting myself in the process. as scary as i found it, i was enjoying it a lot.

"sure, i'll teach you how to ollie."

i raised my eyebrow at him, not knowing what that was. "i'll show you."

he demonstrated the trick to me and i giggled, knowing i wouldn't be able to do it. "there's no way."

"try it, baby." he encouraged me, his face with a soft expression. i attempted to do it and failed miserably, jack laughing at me the whole time.

"not funny." i said as i tried to hold back my own laugh too. "good try, though."

he tried to teach me a lot more tricks but i couldn't do any of them. jack was so good at everything and i was in awe. "i'm just going to go to the bathroom really quick, ok?"

i nod, letting him know that was fine with me before giving him a peck on the cheek. he left in the direction of the bathroom and i sat on a nearby bench with his board between my feet.

i observed the park, seeing loads of different people having a good time, it made me happy. my eye caught the stare of a blonde boy a few metres away who was looking at me along with his group of friends.

"what on earth?" i whispered to myself as i looked away from them and instead took out my phone to appear busy. i heard loud cheering moments later. confused, i looked up again only to see the blonde walking towards me, his grin wide and his friends hyping him up in the background.

i rolled my eyes, knowing this was some sort of dare. the boy came and sat on the bench beside me and i moved a few inches away, seeing as he was too close.

"hey." he said and i ignored him. "wow, you don't speak?" he asked.

"i'm not interested, thanks." i replied.

"ohhh, that's tough. kind of hurt my feelings."

"like i said, i'm not interested."