distant | corbyn besson

i smiled widely as corbyn, my boyfriend, appeared on my screen once he accepted my facetime. "hey." i waved, the blonde haired boy shooting me a small smile. he said the same and then focussed his attention back onto the tv screen that was blaring loudly in the background.

i frowned, his mood already seeming bored and annoyed that i had called him. "how's tour?" i asked, trying to make some conversation to keep him interested.

"it's good." he shrugged, setting his phone down and getting out of view. i nodded, feeling kind of hurt that he wasn't putting any effort in like per usual.

corbyn had been on tour a couple of times since we'd been together and whenever he went it would make our relationship stronger, however this time it was very different. i felt anxious, the thought of him not being into me anymore had crossed my mind a dozen times since he left.

i sat in silence and stared at the blank screen in front of me. i noticed there were a load of empty alcoholic bottles and cans around all on the floor, he never drank. he came back into view and grabbed his phone.

"have you been drinking?"

"what, no?" he shook his head, realising i had seen them. "they aren't mine."

"okay." i knew he was lying but i didn't want to start an argument. he was clearly not telling the truth and didn't want to talk to me so i made an excuse, saying how i had to sleep since i had school tomorrow.

"i'll talk to you later." he said before ending the call.

i sighed and locked my phone, rolling onto my back to stare at the ceiling. he wasn't due to come home until another week but i couldn't deal with this much longer - the uncertainty and the feeling of worthlessness.

i had spoken to zach a couple of times since i noticed the change in his behaviour. he reassured me that corbyn hadn't found someone new. i knew he would never lie to me, especially since me and the younger boy were close so i took his word for it. but, like any girl, i had my doubts.

i just hoped the next seven days would roll around quicker. i missed my corbyn, the one who always spoke to me no matter the time, the one who was so caring and so loving and the one who always put in effort.

this corbyn was different and i didn't like it.

-♡-

"corbyn's coming home today, how are you feeling?" tate nudged my shoulder and shot me a wink. i shrugged, stirring my coffee with a spoon. i wasn't as excited as she was. she couldn't wait to see jonah but now, with me, i didn't want to speak to corbyn at all.

we hadn't spoken once since our last facetime despite him saying he would talk to me later. i didn't bother putting any effort in, i was giving him the same energy he was giving me.

"you aren't excited?"

"not really, he's been so distant recently. he's definitely cheating on me."

"hey, hey, hey." tate said, pulling me into a hug as my eyes became watery, the tears that i had been holding in for ages threatening to fall down my cheeks. "what's happened?"

"i don't know, tate. he just suddenly started to be so distant, like he didn't want to be with me. have i done something wrong?" i asked as the tears flowed uncontrollably.