Chapter25: Wet Weed and Sleepovers

New Updating Schedule
The 1rst, 11th, and 21st of every month.
Mark your calendars.

Hope you enjoy.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

"Doctor, how do I deal with jealousy?"

For the first time ever, Leo was the one to begin the conversation at his session with Dr. Jones.

The therapist nearly choked on his oxygen.

He was surprised to hear that question come out of Leo's mouth. He thought the stubborn dope was too prideful to ever admit to such an emotion.

"Huh?"

"Why do I always have to repeat myself with you?" Leo sighed, at his "annoying" therapist. "How do I deal with Jealousy?"

"Wha-What do you get Jealous over?" Dr. Jones leaned in closer, and pinched his chin. He knew damn well the answer to that question, but it wouldn't hurt to hear Leo say it aloud.

"Lately it's been Piccolina's friend Ryu. I don't like the way he touches, hugs, talks, or looks at her. I wish he would die already." His words were as blunt, but laced with honesty. "I think he likes her."

Leo had been mauling over this for a solid two weeks and was finally ready to speak about it.

Dr. Jones fixed his glasses, put on his big boy therapist pants and asked, "Have you talked to Carmin about this?"

"No, but they've known each other since third grade and-" Leo paused, not sure where he was going with his words. "I'm trying not to be possessive but I like her so much, and I only want her to like me."

"Leo." The therapist stopped his rant. "I know they're close and all but things aren't always as they seem."

"Bu-"

"I think if it bothers you that much, you should talk to Carmin about it directly. It could help."

Leo leaned back in the chair."This is the only part I don't like about courting."

"Other than the jealousy, how is the 'courting' going?"

"Good...." Though he meant that single word with every cell in his body, there was a prominent frown on his face.

"Go on." Dr. Jones encouraged, figuring the dope had something else on his mind.

"I..I had a dream the night before last."He sighed. "My mom was there."

Dr. Jones nodded for him to continue.

It wasn't often he actually spoke about his dreams. Leo opted to not talk about them at all, especially if they concerned his mother.

"At the end of the dream I saw Piccolina." He admitted, staring into the coffee table. "She was bleeding out of her mouth."

"I-It scared me to death."

"Leo it was nothing more than a dream, don't let it steer you.

"I-I don't even want to be away from her. At school I keep looking to make sure she's okay." He;s breathing became heavy as he spoke. "I've barely been able to cope as is, since she's been at her grandma's house for the last two days."

"Leo-"

"She-" Leo felt his insides twist, and his nostrils flare. "Did I hurt her? Even if it was a dream, I was the only one there. What if I hurt Piccolina?"

***

In the lobby of the psychiatric facility, there was an argument taking place. The receptionist dialed Dr. Jones' office phone, and prayed the argument wouldn't grow into a physical altercation.