Chapter23: Courting Gifts

Hi💕
Enjoy, this is so fucking cute.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

Carmin trudged down the stairs early Saturday morning. She was dressed in her long zebra striped pajamas, and her usual morning glare.

It had been a week.

Leo wouldn't leave her alone for a second. Some mornings he'd catch her early enough to take her to school. During lunch he would miraculously show up no matter where she was hiding, so they could eat together.

The "flirting" of his was driving Carmin mad. Whenever given the chance the dope would talk sweetly with her, making the short girl cringe in embarrassment.No matter how mean, how aggressive, or how many curse words Carmin spouted at him, he wouldn't let up.

She had never felt more embarrassed, or dare she think, shy, in all her life. It was definitely too much for her to take. She couldn't imagine how the rude dope had gone from his usual vulgar tongue, to an avid sweet talker.

As Carmin continued towards the kitchen with hopes of getting orange juice, the doorbell rang. Sighing, the short girl crept towards the door. "Who the hell is it?"

"Good Morning Piccolina."

Carmin palmed her forehead and slowly eased away, hoping to quietly make a run for her room.

"If you make me chase you, it's only gonna be worse." He reminded her, with an amused tone, ringing the doorbell once more.

Cursing under her breath, Carmin unlocked the door.

The dope was carrying a large brown teddy bear, which looked incredibly soft. It had a ruby red bowtie and was damn near Carmin's height. Along with that, he carried a bag full of jolly ranchers, with just about every flavor known to mankind inside of it.

"What the fuck-"

"My sister told me gifts mean absolutely nothing without thought." Leo said as he watched her eyes widened.

"I saw this bear and I thought, this is the exact same size as Piccolina. So I wanted you to have it. A couple weeks ago I saw you eat a jolly rancher in the classroom, so I wanted you to have these." His tone was blunt, but he meant every word he said.

The short girl was having a hard time functioning. How could she? Leo was once one of the many reasons she despised going to school, and now he was at her front door with gifts in hand.

"Carmin, who is it?" Nic's voice enlisted panic within her.

Nic emerged, in his own baggy pajamas. His eyes found the gifts in Leo's hands before anything else. It took a full minute for his mind to register what was going on, before a big grin invaded his face.

"Oh My Go-"

Carmin used her hand to shut his mouth.

Leo moved past them both, not wanting to talk about his courting with anyone other than Carmin."I'll take these to your room."

"What the hell is going on here?" Nic pinched Carmin's elbow, as he hoped and wished those gifts weren't for their "project."

"He...he's courting me." She admitted.

Nic fist pumped the air, and did a little dance as Carmin scowled at him.

"Stop it Nic.

"So this means he confessed to you, right?" Nic asked with his eyeballs about to fall out of his sockets.

"Yes."

"My little chocolate drop has a boyfriend!"

"Nic, he's not my boyfriend. There's a clear misunderstanding here."