Chapter21:Classmate

Hi💙
Enjoy.
I love this chapter.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

"It smells ill in here." Zy'Phon taunted, as he dragged Malayjah through the double doors of the theater.

"Piccolina, walk a little faster." Leo held the door open, patiently waiting for Carmin who lagged behind the rest of the group.

The short girl had her hands tucked into her plush white hoodie and her usual mutual scowl. Though she didn't necessarily show it, she was quite happy. She woke up to a nice breakfast from Nic, and the weather outside was particularly nice.

It was bound to rain within the next hour or so, and the skies looked quite gloomy.

"I'm coming."

"What movie are we seeing?" Malayjah asked, with her eyes scanning just about every poster stuck to the walls in anticipation.

"The new horror film."

"Cool." She geeked, obviously the most excited out of the group.

Carmin rolled her eyes at her."You guys go first, I gotta go to the restroom."

Leo tensed a bit after hearing that. The last time she went to the "restroom" he had to pull her out of a window, and threaten her with a leash.

"I'll come with." Malayjah said following her along, but not before sending an assuring nod to Zy'Phon.

The two girls left the estranged fellows alone.

"I didn't know humans could be so possessive." Zy'Phon pushed his long hair behind his shoulder.

Leo's tense stature was clear as day.

"I'm not."

"If you like her just say it. Beating around the bush will never get you anywhere."

"I don't need advice from you."

Zy'Phon, having nothing else to say, said nothing at all.

***

"So when is the wedding?" Malayjah asked Carmin as she waited for her to wash her hands.

"Wanna die?"

"I'm just kidding." She held out her hands in surrender, reaching for the disposable soap.

"It's weird isn't it?"

"What do you mean?"

Carmin dried her hands and threw the discarded paper towel into the bin. "That me and him are hanging out?"

"Is it weird to hang out with someone that makes you happy?" Malayjah thought about her words before correcting herself, knowing Carmin wouldn't appreciate the usage of the word happy."Someone that makes you feel, okay?"

"Okay" was definitely code for happy.

Carmin tucked her hands back into her hood. She wouldn't admit it out loud. She would NEVER admit it out loud, but she did feel okay around Leo.

"Do you feel 'okay' around that dude who you're always with?"

"Zy'Phon?" Malayjah giggled. "He's my- well yea. He's one of my best friends."

"I think Leo is my friend." Carmin squinched her eyebrows. "He's annoying and pushy though."

"He looks after you well." Malayjah said as she threw her own paper towel into the bin.

"Um-"

"And friends who go out of their way to spend time with you are definitely worth keeping."