Chapter7: Testing Skinship

Leo held his knuckle just three inches away from the door. He couldn't build up the courage to knock. He'd spent all day mentally torturing himself over a relationship that didn't exist, and now he had to face her.

Hesitantly, he knocked, the softest he's ever knocked in his life.

A familiar light skinned man with a smile that vexed Leo to the core opened the door.

"You don't look like you have a condition." Leo spat, eyeing around him for any sign of Carmin.

"Ah, So you're the famous Leo!" The man sang, opening the door wider for him to enter. "I'm Nic, Carmin's Uncle. Nice to meet you."

"Sure." Leo pushed his hands into his pockets.

"My little chocolate drop!" Nicholas purred, as Leo cringed. "Your friend is here."

"He's not my friend!" Carmin's voice echoed all throughout the house. The follow up curse words echoed even louder.

Nicholas led Leo to the kitchen table with a now sheepish expression. "I'm sorry about her..she-"

"She's not wrong we aren't friends."

Nicholas shifted uncomfortably at his bluntness. It was hard to be cheery when he was talking to a wooden board. And he thought Carmin was the worst of the worst. At least she brought her snarky sarcasm into their conversations.

"So....what class is the project for?"

"English." Leo slid the chair from under the table and sat down. "Is she coming or..."

"Let's get this over with." Carmin trudged in the kitchen wearing jean shorts and a long shirt. Leo couldn't help but to stare a little longer than necessary.

"There you are my little-"

"Nic, that's enough." She sighed, getting a water bottle from the fridge.

"Should I make snacks for your study da-" He stopped when he saw Carmin's killer warning glare. "Study session...project?"

"Go away."

"Oh, Come on Carmin you never bring anyone over and-"

"Nic your gay is showing."

"Does it look like a rainbow?" He asked, his eyes sparkling as he said it.

"You emmit bottom energy." She taunted under her breath, as she slumped into the chair across from Leo.

"I'm a switch." He coughed, patting the top of her head before leaving the room.

"What does he mean by switch?" Leo asked. He figured the two were using some type of hidden code.

"I told you he has a condition, just ignore him." Carmin lifted her legs from the ground and crossed her legs in the chair.

The short girl locked eyes with the boy sitting across from her. He seemed a bit more relaxed than he was in class earlier that morning, but his "sour" expression remained. She inwardly flinched when she took notice of his jawline. For her to notice meant that they were too close.

Carmin moved her chair further out of his range.

"Let's start." She brought her laptop in front of her.

Leo tried keeping his stare under control. It was a nice experience to see her relaxed in her lounge wear. At school she was all uptight and painfully aware of everything, well everyone.

"Yea...."

                                                               ***