Chapter11: What happened to Leo?

Hi, the first scene of this chapter is a flashback, the rest is pure adorableness. Hope you enjoy.
-malayjahthewriter

Five years earlier...

A scream echoed through the house waking Leo from his sleep.There was no doubt about it, that was the shrill of his sister. He slipped out of bed and into his slides just as the screams grew louder.

"Leo!" He heard Isabella scream. "Leo help me!"

He took off down the stairs and into the kitchen where all the screaming originated. His mother, who hadn't been back in months, had finally made her return. Leo thought she looked even worse than before, and this thought had nothing to do with the fact that his mother had a knife pressed against his sister's neck.

"Ma-what the hell are you doing?"

"Leo, call the cops, hurry up." Isabella's voice against the knife.

The thirteen year old boy, using all his courage, ran over and gripped his mother's wrist and pulled her weapon held hand away from his sister. "Ma, stop."

"Coglione, get off me." The woman pushed him until he fell harshly against his back. She held the knife over him with all bad intention. "You ungrateful bastards, I raised you and this is how you treat me."

"You left us, you psycho bitch. "Isabella snatched the blade away, and kicked the woman. Her foot directly aligned with the spine. Isabella wasn't careful about being gentle with her. All the care she had had for her mother was completely thrown out the window.

Blood dripped from Isabella's neck as she helped her brother to his feet. "Fratellino..."

"You're hurt." Leo used his sleeve to stop her leaking cut. "Issy, where's dad?"

"Work." The two watched as the whimpering woman got up from the ground. "Leo go call the cops."

The boy couldn't move. His eyes stayed on his mother. The woman had all the likeness of him, the sharp dark eyes, the same dark hair, but she looked the most like Isabella. She looked the most like his kind, generous, thoughtful sister, but was the complete opposite.

"Leo-'
Before she could knock him out his daze, their mother had gotten up and off the floor and charged up the stairs.

"Dads gun!" Isabella shouted, running after her. "Leo stay here."

"Wait Issy-"

He could feel his stomach drop at the sight of his retreating sister, but he stayed where he was. She was in charge and he had to listen to her commands. So he waited and waited. That's when the sounds of struggling started to echo through the house, then there was a gunshot.

Leo had waited long enough.

Upstairs in his father's room his mother had a gun directed at Isabella. There was a whole in the window.

Leo, without thinking tackled his mother to the ground. The two twisted and turned about, fighting for control over the gun as Isabella screamed. Leo knew he had to get to it first. His mother would surely end his life if she did. She had already taken advantage, she was on top of him, pinning him to the ground.

She had the leverage.

"Ma, No." He winced when he felt her thumb swirl around the trigger.

There was only one thing to do at that point. Using as much strength as he could muster Leo turned the gun until he was sure it was away from him.

The trigger pulled.

His clothes were drenched in blood.

His mother's blood.