Chapter8: Blackmailed by Mary Jane

Leo slumped tiredly down the hall, struggling to keep his eyes open.

He had fallen asleep in class just before the lunch period and his teacher thought it would be hilarious to wake him up thirty minutes late.

The cafeteria was out of the question, he refused to sit in a room full of so many humans stuffing their faces with food. So Leo found himself walking into the abandoned gym, hoping not to see anyone. The faintest hint of Marujuana hit his nose as soon as he entered, and he immediately checked under the bleachers, knowing Carmin would be there.

And there she was.

She laid flat on her back smoothly inhaling the smoke.

"Naughty Piccolina." He smirked when she jumped at the sound of his voice.

"You're not taking this one." She somewhat begged, quickly sitting up.

"Wouldn't want Dr. Jones finding out about it, now would you?"

Carmin rubbed the tip of the blunt against the ground. "Can't you go find your own weed?" She sighed handing it over.

"I don't want it." Leo narrowed his eyes at her curls as an idea sparked through his mind. "I won't tell Dr. Jones...but you'll have to hug me."

"What?"

"Piccolina, don't make me say it twice."

"Why would you even want to hug me?" Carmin snapped, genuinely confused.

"Because I know it makes you feel uncomfortable." Leo lied.

"I-I don't care go and tell Wyatt." She shrugged, pushing the rest of the weed into her pocket.

"Aren't you already in like a lot of trouble?" Leo asked, squatting down to fit under the bleachers. "If I tell Dr. Jones he'll probably start giving you weekly drug tests."

"Well if you tell him, I'll drag you down with me."

"Piccolina, I fail my drug test every week, tell him whatever you want."

"I-"

"You'll have to give me a hug everyday until I feel you've paid off your debt."

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" Carmin groaned climbing from under the bleacher. "What kind of sadistic fuck, forces someone-"

Leo cut her off. "Today you can just hold my hand for twenty seconds.We'll start with the hugging tomorrow."

Carmin dropped her head and stared at the ground. "I-I can't."

"Do you want me to tell Dr. Jones?"

"No but-"

"Then shut up and hold my hand."

Leo held out his hand to her.

Carmin watched it like it was the bane of her existence.The creases on his palm didn't look very inviting to her, and neither did his clean fingernails.

Knowing she wouldn't make the first move, Leo gently looped his fingers on her wrist. Carmin stiffened at the contact. Her skin burned from the foreign feeling, as uneasy gasp passed her lips. She clenched her fist and tried to move it away, but Leo wasn't having it.

He smoothly shifted his fingers down until they reached her hand.

"I'm not gonna bite you." He whispered, squeezing her fist, prompting her to unclench it.

"Just count to twenty already." Carmin held her breath. She wouldn't let any oxygen into her body until he stopped touching.

"I won't start counting until you open your hand."