Chapter31: Annoyance at the Mall

Hi.
Enjoy the sweetness❤️
malayjahthewriter

Leo pressed his phone between his shoulder blade and his ear. He took the dish he and Carmin had cooked the night before from the fridge and sat it on the counter.The  had tried to get Carmin to take it home with her, but she insisted that he needed it more.

And he did.

Besides the shepherd's pie, there was nothing more than empty space in his fridge.

"Issy her brother doesn't like me. What do I do?" He expressed his concerns to his sister over the phone as he warmed up the dish.

"It's normal for brothers to be protective of their sisters." She said to him, as Max started to cry over the line. "At my engagement party, you locked Derick in a closet for half an hour, and told everyone he was stuck in traffic."

It was true.

He and her sister's husband didn't get along upon first meeting each other, or rather Leo chose not to get along with him.

"You hated Derrick when you first met him, and now you and him go on playdates with Maxy."

"This is different. Her brother is annoying."

"Leo you were annoying."

"But he's interfering with us."

"And you weren't interfering with me and Derrick?" His sister challenged.

"I was trying to make sure, he wasn't a psychopath trying to hurt you." Leo defended himself.

"Then what do you think Carmin's brother is doing?"

"I would never hurt her." He spat.

"Well I know that and you know that, you'll have to give her brother a chance to understand it as well."

"Why can't people be as thrilled as I am that we're together?" Leo muttered to himself as he propped the plate in the microwave.

"How did the date go then?"

"It was great." He smiled, instantly changing his attitude. " We cooked together."

"Cooked?" Isabella sounded surprised.

"We made shepherds pie. Carmin guided us through most of it though."

"Aww."

"I know." Leo grinned even further. "It would have been perfect if her brother hadn't called."

"Are you going to go see her today?"

"She's shopping with her cousin, but I'll swing by her house later once she gets back."

"Such a clingy boyfriend."

"I'm aware." Leo sighed, a little embarrassed."Do you think it's too much?"

"I think it's sweet."

"I just...I want to be around her all the time. I don't want her to feel annoyed."

"I'm sure the feeling is mutual Leo." Isabella cooed. It was all so sweet. Never in a million years could she have imagined that she would be having such a conversation with her hot headed brother.

"So what are you doing today?" He changed the topic with a cough.

"I'm dropping Maxy off at Dads. Me and Derrick are going out for our anniversary. You're on babysitting duty Saturday.

"I haven't seen him in a while, Maybe I'll bring him to Carmin, he likes her."

****

"Carmin's not here." Nic said, quickly opening the door, only to dash into the kitchen.