Chapter34: A Proper Kiss

Hi❤️
It's midnight.
Sorry guys.
Love you.
Enjoy.
-malayjahthewriter

Carmin stood beside her brother with her mouth agape. The museum was only a couple of blocks from her brother's apartment. It was within a small shack, literally being named, "The little Museum."

It was a place full of graffiti driven art in every form. It was incredible, really. Carmin had listened to Josh describe it to her countless of times, but she had never imagined it to this extent.

"It's amazing." She gasped as she stared at the painting before her.

It was of a woman, she had large hair, that was in the form of green bushes, and her skin consisted of every color within the rainbow.

"I thought you'd like it." Josh said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I found this place a little while after I moved here."

"Whose the artist?" Carmin asked him, as she stepped a bit closer to the portrait for a better look.

"There's a name on the..." He pointed to the corner of the painting.

"I'll catch up." She told her brother as she eyed the art work.

She was too enticed by the painting before her to move. Carmin took great interest in the hair, and that pattern of the colors. Her brother, seeing as though she would prefer to move at her own pace, headed along to the other side of the establishment to have a look at the sculptures.

"Carmin?" The short girl panicked a bit when she heard her grandmother's voice.

The woman was just as short as Carmin and carried the same dark complexion.

"This is my favorite one so far." Carmin said to her.

"Mine Too." The old woman wrapped her arm around her shoulder. "Carmin, I know I keep prodding and I made you upset....-"

"Grandma you didn't make me upset." Carmin sighed. "I know I've been beating around the bush and I'm sorry."

"I just want to know how you're doing Carmin." Her grandmother's voice held all the sincerity in the world.

" I....I'll try to be a little more honest." The short girl's answer brought a smile over her grandma's lips.

"And I want to hear about your boyfriend."

"Here we go again."

"It's not fair everyone else has met him, but me." The woman took her hand and guided her off to the next piece of artwork.

"Grandma...."

"When we get back home, bring him over for dinner." She suggested. "Or I'll come over to you."

"Why is everyone so nosy?" Carmin groaned.

She could already see her grandmother asking Leo embarrassing questions.

"You and all my grandbabies are my business, if I want to meet him, I want to meet him."

"Okay."

***

"Today's the day?" Victor questioned his son.

The Bianchi family were all settled at the kitchen table for breakfast. Leo was also at the table, which was rather unusual.

This was the first morning he had actually come out of his room, without being forced to do so.

"The day of what?" Leo asked, though he knew exactly what his father meant. He had been anticipating it all week.