Chapter24: Nosy Cousin

Issa dream relax.
All rights reserved.💕💫
-malayjahthewriter

"Leo."

Leo squinted at the brightness, as his brain tried to register his surroundings. He was in a white room, containing absolutely no furniture. Just the ceiling, the floor, and the walls.

A woman stood in the midst of the room.She was drenched in blood and had on tattered clothing.

Leo felt his heart drop into his stomach at the sight of the familiar woman. The white walls closed in on him as his anxiety tripled."Ma?"

Blood dripped from her body and started to travel along the floor.He let out a gasp as the thick warm liquid coated his toes.

"What's the matter Son?" She chuckled sinisterly, making his ears curl.

The walls closed further in. He tried to move, but his feet wouldn't budge.

"Go away!" Leo screamed, locking his palms around either side of his head and closing his eyes.

The ceiling pressed against his head, forcing him to sit. Leo bared his arms around his legs, and pressed his face against his knees. The entire room closed in on him, but he refused to open his eyes.

He wasn't prepared to see his mothers face again.

"Leonardo?"

He cracked his eyes open ever so slightly.

He was met with Carmin's glare. The room had expanded back to its original size, and the short girl was squatting in front of him.She had her hands propped on his knees, to keep her balance. "Why are you sulking, idiot?"

Leo felt relief rush through him. He settled his hands around Carmin ready to embrace her but before he could, a warm liquid reached his thigh.

He slowly raised his head to see that Carmin had blood dripping from both her eyes and her mouth.

He let out a deep guttural scream, before his eyes opened again.

Leo sat up in the bed, harshly pulling the blanket away from his body. His naked torso was coated in sweat, and his emotions were on fire.

Carmin's blood lingered in his mind as he opened the cabinet and went for his newly purchased dishes.

He shattered them all on the ground one by one as his mind went berserk. He cursed and seethed, to himself, wishing the horrid dream would leave his mind.

The downstairs neighbors would no doubt come looking for him later, but he couldn't even bear to care. It wasn't like he'd ever done so before.

He retrieved the final dish from the cabinet, and prepared to smash it. Just before it could leave his hands, the cookbook sitting on the counter caught his eye.

Leo settled the dish to the side, and stepped over the dangerous shards of glass. He sat down on the stool and reached for Carmin's gift.

His tantrum faded as he flipped through the pages of the book.

***

Ten minutes after the final bell, Carmin entered her first period class. Mr. Inoue had just started his lecture, but he didn't even bother stopping as the short girl made her way around to her seat. Her tardiness had become normal, so normal that the teacher thought of it as protocol.

Before Carmin could sit in her chair, Leo's arm's found her waist, and she was pulled flush against his chest.

His mind went to the dream he'd had earlier that morning, and he squeezed her even tighter.