Chapter40: The Symphony

Hey.❤️
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

"Leo?" Dr. Jones smiled as his patient entered his office. "How's it going?"

"Doctor." Leo sat down in the chair, and slumped his hands into the pocket of his hoodie.

"Have you ever confessed to someone before?"

"Huh?" The therapist's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why do I always have to repeat myself with you?" Leo barked. "Have you ever confessed to someone before?"

"Confess?"

"Like...." Leo trailed off. "Have you ever told someone that you loved them? Someone you were dating?"

Dr. Jones took a long sip of his coffee. "Do you want to confess to Carmin?"

"I didn't say that."

"Did Carmin confess to you?"

"No." Leo sighed. "Can you just answer my question?"

"I confessed to my wife back when we were dating I suppose." Dr. Jones chuckled. "I confess to her every morning before we leave for work."

"If a person confesses after dating a couple months, will it make their partner uncomfortable?" Leo bit his lip. "I'm asking for a friend by the way."

"You don't have any friends Leo."

"Shut up."

"I think if you mean it, it's okay to say it." Dr. Jones answered him.

"Let me give you some background information about my friend."

"What's your friend's name?"

"His name is James." Leo lied, clearing his throat. "So James got drunk, and his girlfriend came over and helped him to bed. He confessed to her. And when he was sober he explained that he meant every word he said."

"I meant every word I said." Leo shook his head. "I mean James meant every word he said."

"Right James." Dr. Jones decided to play along.

"But." Leo let out a heft sigh and turned his gaze to the ceiling, not knowing where he was going with the conversation."I-James, told her again while she was asleep."

"Why doesn't James just confess while he's sober, and while she's awake?"

"James is a little afraid she'll be uncomfortable with him."

"I think...." Dr. Jones smiled. "James is trying to protect his own feelings."

"That sounds wrong." Leo was quick to rebuttal.

"James likes to use the excuse of his girlfriend being uncomfortable, but really he's a bit afraid of what will be said after he confesses......or what won't be said."

"I don't care if she doesn't say it back if that's what you're getting at." Leo muttered.

"But you're scared of what will happen Leo, and that's okay. We all get scared sometimes."

The dope leaned his head against the cushion of the sofa. "I'm not scared."

"Do you want your feelings to be reciprocated?"

"Carmin doesn't have to if she doesn't want to."

"You didn't answer the question."

"I don't have to answer your questions." Leo shouted, feeling himself grow mad.