Chapter51: Bowling Day

Hi!!!
Miss you guys like crazy.
All rights reserved.
-Malayjahthewriter

Against his will, both Cris and Kalina ended up staying for dinner at Leo's apartment. The choice of meal was Carmin's favorite, takeout at a nearby sushi place.

This was a dinner that Leo had been anticipating all day.A dinner he wanted to have alone with Carmin.

After taking a long sip of his water, Leo went to join Carmin in clearing the kitchen table.

"Fucking idiots." He muttered, as he cleared an empty box of what was once california rolls. "I'm gonna change my locks."

"Why are you always bullying your friends?" Carmin chuckled as she watched her agitated boyfriend aggressively throw away trash.

"Friends?" Leo shook his head. "They only come around to eat."

The dope, with a clenched jaw, waltzed right over to Carmin and slumped himself over her. "You know you're not allowed to leave me tomorrow right?"

"I know."

"I missed you."He pouted.

"I didn't miss you at all." The small girl teased him, prompting the dope to bite down on her cheek.

"Ow."She grumbled, reaching up to pinch his stomach in return.

"How did your video call go?" He asked her, as he gently settled his arms around her waist.

"Terrible."

"What happened?"

"My grandma has been watching so many crime shows from America, and now she's worried about my safety and the crime rates. Then Joshua, just had to tell her-"

Carmin stopped herself before she could finish the sentence.

"Tell her what?"

"Um..that-"

"Are you about to lie?"

"What?"

"Your voice gets soft when you're about to lie to me." He grunted, before biting down on her cheek as punishment.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"What did your brother tell her?"

"That I was dating someone."

"Why don't you want her to know?" Leo asked her, pulling back from the embrace. A slight frown overtook his lips.

"It's not like that Leo."

"Then what is it like?" He questioned, reaching his hand out to tug her wrist. His insecurities started to seep through his expression.

"My Grandma doesn't want me to date or to marry until I'm thirty. She literally almost had a heart attack over the phone. Joshua just wanted to start a mess."

"...She doesn't want you to date."

"She doesn't." Carmin sighed. "Then she started going off about how there were so many good tawainese men. She doesn't want me to date an American for some reason."

"That works out because I'm not an American.."

"I told her you were from Italy." Carmin snickered.

"What did she say?"

"She asked if you knew how to make Pizza."

"Pizza?" Leo let out a laugh.

"She doesn't know a lot about italians." Carmin sighed. "Then she started complaining about how she never sees me, and how she's coming down here soon. I'm surprised, she doesn't like leaving the country much.....ever."