Chapter33:Closer

Sorry I'm late.
Author is tired. 😴
I hope you enjoy❤️
-malayjahthewriter

"Leo get that can for me."

The dope looked up from his phone and turned his attention to his Nona, who was pointing to something on the top shelf. He walked from the shopping cart, and went to grab the can from the shelf, and handed it to her.

"Why do you look so sad?" Nona asked, as she started down the aisle of the store.

"It's nothing." He sighed, pushing the cart down the aisle as his cart.

"Why don't you call her?"

"She's probably still asleep. She stayed up pretty late last night, and she usually sleeps late when there isn't school."

"Oh." Nonna smiled even brighter as her grandson explained to her."If you know she's asleep then why are you pouting."

"Because I miss her, and I don't know if her leg still  hurts from her fall or if-"

"Didn't you say she only had a scrape on her leg?"

"I would know for sure if she was with me right now."

Nona laughed at that, just as his phone began to ring.

Leo's smile nearly broke his face when Carmin's name popped over the screen, along with her picture.

"Hello?" Her tired voice sounded over the line.

"Good Morning Piccolina."

"Goodmorning." She yawned.

"Are you still tired?" He asked softly.

"No."

"Yes you are."

"Carmin! Joshie says hurry up and get dressed, we're about to leave." A voice Leo recognized as Marley's sounded over the line.

"Fucker." Carmin  cursed under her breath, as Leo started to hear the bed creak.

"That wasn't a nice word to use, Piccolina."

"Like I'm known for using nice words." The short girl scoffed.

"Can you talk for long?" Leo asked, as he reached for the loaf of bread on the top shelf for his Nona.

"I-

"Carmin!"

Leo frowned knowing they wouldn't be able to talk for as long as he wanted.

"What is it now?" Carmin grumbled.

"Everywhere you go you get in trouble, do I need to watch you?"

"Joshie I didn't break it."

"I haven't even said what you've done yet!" He snarled.

"Marley pushed me into it I swear." Carmin pleaded.

"Just get dressed. You're coming to the market with me."

"No-I'm on the phone."

"You can talk to your boyfriend later." Josh snapped at her.

"But Josh-"

"Don't make me tell you again Carmin, get a move on. We have things to do."

"I hate you!"

"I love you too. Now hurry up and get ready."

"Leo I have to go." This was the last thing on Earth Carmin wanted to say.

"I know.." Leo sighed. "Piccolina I don't miss you at all."