Chapter15: An Advantage of Ignorance

Hey imaginary readers💙
Miss me? Sorry I'm late. Be sure to stick around til' the end. Important announcement!
-malayjahthewriter

Leo gave himself an inner pep talk before he knocked on Carmin's front door.

He was acting out of character. He had been acting out of character for days now, but he couldn't help it. No matter how much he inwardly battled with himself, things always seemed to go one way rather than the other. Funny, 'one way' these days almost always revolved around the short dark skinned girl who he had been basically stalking.

His mood evolved around her emotion. Whenever she seemed to be, or was more sullen than usual, it triggered him.

Carmin was mute for the entire class, hell she didn't even complain when he took her earbuds. She just stared into the wall.

He was worried.

An audible groan sounded from the other side of the door before the lock clicked, and it opened.

Carmin was in a long Queen t-shirt and a pair of shorts, both too big for her body.The most apparent thing about her was perhaps the glare across her face, but all Leo could focus on was her puffy red eyes.

"Why the fuck are you here?"

"The project will wait for no one Piccolina."

"It's Friday, I don't want to think about work. Please leave me alone." She went to close the door, but Leo's foot caught it before she could.

"Then how about a movie?"

"Go away."

Leo bypassed her strength, and craned the door back open all together, letting himself inside. Carmin wore a defeated frown as she watched him walk into the living room and seat himself on the sofa, like he owned the place. Carmin cursed him, his height, his strength, his birthgiver, and his persistence as she followed after him.

The dope with the dumb accent had the romote in his hands and was searching away for a movie to watch. Carmin had decided that she owed him this much. She took a seat at the opposite end of the couch and mindlessly watched the television.

"Where's Nic?" Leo asked, recalling that there was no car in the driveway.

Carmin let out a sigh and sunk further into the cushion of the couch. "Out clubbing."

John Wick, was the film of choice. Though Carmin was still angry at Leo for forcing his way in, she couldn't help but to quite enjoy his choice of movie.

The enjoyment was apparent in her expression, and Leo was thankful for that. He knew it pushed the limit, barging into her home like he did, so he kept their distance on the couch. Another part of this "distance" had to do with the fact that Carmin would most definitely claw his eyes out if he got any closer than he should have.

Leo subtly stole a glance from her here and there. To his surprise, she smiled a lot during the movie. These smiles were short and barely there, but they felt huge to Leo. He felt incredibly special to be there to see them all.

During the action scenes Carmin bit her knuckles in anticipation. She tried to stay silent, but after a certain point she couldn't hold back the "Oh my gods" anymore. After an hour full of suspense, the movie came to a close.

John Wick Chapter 2, was next and Carmin had grown head over heels with excitement.

"Don't start it yet, I'm gonna make popcorn!" She rushed, hopping up off the sofa.