Chapter45: New Years Eve pt.2

Hey❤️
Enjoy.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

"Is it hot? I don't want to be cooked."

Carmin watched as Leo dipped himself into the hot tub. After splashing around in the pool for a good while, the dope had suggested that they move to the hottub.

"No, it's warm, Piccolina, come on."

"Stop being a big baby Carmin." Marley sighed at her skeptical little cousin.

"Little girl." Leo held his hand out to her, tired of waiting "Come here."

Carmin ignored him and dipped her toe into the water.

"It's not that hot, Carmin, I promise."

The small girl nodded her head and readily took his hand as he helped her into the water.

"See." Leo smiled at her as she settled into the water next to him. "It wasn't that bad."

"Mhm." Though she agreed with him, Carmin kept her hand tightly wrapped around his. "Leonardo?"

Kalina raised her head from her phone upon hearing Carmin pronounce his full name.

"Hm?"

"Does the water get progressively hotter until we all burn? Is this a type of torture device?"

"Carmin, you've never been in a hot tub before?"

"No." She responded, calmly watching the steam rise from the water.

"It's not a torture device silly girl, it's suppose to help you relax."

"Oh." Carmin nodded her head as she further analyzed the water around her.

"Leo."

Reluctantly Leo broke his gaze from Carmin upon feeling a tap on his shoulder.

Kalina, sent a quick glance to Carmin before saying, "A couple weeks ago, I came over with my dad. You know he was looking for you, but Nonna said you were off on your own?"

"I moved out at the beginning of the summer." He replied, as he watched the girl's eyes scrunch in obvious confusion.

"That's so you." Kalina rolled her eyes. "Moving out and not telling anyone."

"How's your mom?"

"Good, she told me you came by the symphony a couple weeks ago? If you're going to rent out the whole place, you could at least invite people you know-"

Leo's eyes drifted a bit when he felt Carmin detach herself from him. She hesitantly walked across the floor of the hottub to speak with Marley.

"It was for Carmin's birthday." He responded, a little glad Carmin had left before she could hear the part about him renting the whole place out. "I needed the symphony hall for the night. "

"Oh." Kalina bit the inside of her cheek. "You two went together?"

"Yea." Leo smiled as Carmin returned to his side and tucked her hand in his.

He couldn't help but to notice that she was pouting more than usual.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing."

"Why are you pouting?"

"They're laughing at me!" She sprouted motioning to Cris and Marley. "Everyone's feet can touch the ground, except mine!"

It was true. While sitting on the stone seats of the hottub Carmin feet couldn't reach the ground at all.

Leo started to snicker, causing Carmin to turn her scowling expression to him.