Chapter38:The Start of a Birthday

"Carmin?"

With his left hand firmly gripping the steering wheel, Leo settled his right hand gently on Carmin's thigh.

"What do you want for your birthday?"

"Nothing." She glanced down at his hand, feeling herself grow flustered."Just say Happy Birthday."

Leo rolled his eyes."No, tell me what you want."

"I don't want anything."

The dope squeezed her thigh as he turned onto her street. "Piccolina, this is important."

"How?"

"It's the day my favorite person in the world was born. A happy birthday isn't enough." He spouted.

An embarrassed feeling wrecked havoc over her body as soon as his words registered in her head. Leo turned his head for a quick second to see her retreating gaze.

He squeezed her thigh once more. "Just tell me."

"I d-don't want anything."

"Piccolina......."

Leo parked the car just outside of the driveway. He wouldn't let Carmin leave before she gave him some sort of answer.

"Thanks for the ride." Carmin pushed a kiss against his cheek."See you-"

"You haven't told me what you want yet."

"Just say happy birthday."

Leo let out a sigh. "Don't make this difficult."

"Alright, buy me lunch."

"Lunch?"

"Yea."

Leo frowned, finding the gift too small for his liking."Pick something else."

"I've told you what I want." She chuckled.

"No." Leo hardened his gaze.. "Carmin Lunch doesn't show you how much I care about you."

Carmin froze at his words and bit the corner of her lip. She couldn't take her eyes off of Leo's. Her emotions had been spazzing out ever since Leo confirmed his confession early that morning.

Her heart sped up as he moved in closer, prompting her to slowly lean back until her head bumped against the window.

He connected their lips earnestly as his hand trailed from her thigh to her waist.

A knock on the window stopped that moment before it could even start.

Marley stood at Carmin's window, grinning like an idiot.

Carmin's hand instinctively went to guard her lips, alarming her companion.

"Don't wipe my kiss." Leo pouted, rather like a baby.

Carmin, feeling the need to challenge that notion and proceeded to wipe her lips.

Leo grumbled, and hit the lock on the doors.

As he edged even closer to Carmin, he waved Marly off."She'll be there in a minute."

"What are you doing?"

Leo tilted her head and connected his lips to her neck.

"Ok, I won't wipe it again!"

****

"Issy, hurry up." Leo rushed his sister.

They had been walking around the mall for hours all in search of a gift for Carmin.