Chapter35: Leo's Rom Com

Hi❤️
Sorry I'm late again.
Love you.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

     Leo pulled his lips from Carmin's, as his own curled into a smile. He shimmied off of the short girl, and sat to her side. Carmin followed suit and sat up in the bed. She was tempted to whisk her fingers against her lips, but she didn't want Leo to tease her, so she kept her hands in her lap.

"Do you still have that bracelet I gave you?"

The dope rolled up his sleeve to reveal the jewelry clasped onto his wrist. Carmin laced her fingers around the bracelet and attempted to slide it off.

"No." Leo moved his hand away. "I'll wear it for you."

"Leo take it off."

"No-"

The short girl rolled her eyes, and reached up her sleeve."I got something for you."

She turned to her nightstand, and reached for the piece of jewelry sitting upon it. It was a brown knitted bracelet, with a center silver pendant. The pendant had a little lion engraved on it.

The dope gleefully brought back his wrist and allowed her to untie her bracelet, and replace it with the new.

"Thanks." Leo smiled at her with both his teeth and dimples on full display.

Carmin's heart stopped.

"Don't smile at me like that."

"Like what?"

The short girl grumbled, before climbing under her blanket. She laid her head over her pillow, and watched the dope as he moved his gaze to the bracelet. He eyed it for a long second, before climbing under the blanket and laying his head over the pillow next to her.

The couple watched each other with tender gazes.

Leo rubbed his knuckles against her cheek, as they sank into quietness. He watched carefully as her dark eyes flickered. He didn't even have to guess as to what that meant. He had seen that intriguing expression before.

"Piccolina, do you want another one?"

The short girl nodded her head.

"No." He teased.

Carmin shook her head and pointed to her lips.

The dope closed his eyes, and pulled the blanket over his chest. "Goodnight my Piccolina."

"Leonardo!" She whispered, reaching under the blanket to tug at his shirt. "Give me another one.

"Shhhhh, I'll give you one tomorrow."

"I want one now." She demanded, as the dope started to chuckle.

Leo turned his back to her, and started to snore.

Carmin pouted, and erratically tapped his shoulder."Leonardo."

The dope smiled to himself when he felt her warm breath on his ear.

"It's time for bed Piccolina."

"I hate you." Carmin said this just before she kissed his cheek.

She stayed there for the longest second, before moving away. The small girl cradled into his side, pressing her head against his back, and wrapping her arm around his waist.

Leo thought it was the cutest thing ever.

***

The first day back to school was glum as usual. Leo found himself waiting in first period for his little companion to make an appearance.