Chapter30 The Date pt.2

Hi❤️
All rights reserved.
Enjoy theeee hell out of this.
-malayjahthewriter

"Stop staring, and start cutting the vegetables." Carmin spat, as she proceeded to peel the skin of the potato.

She could feel the dope staring from her peripheral vision. He hadn't even moved from the table after she'd kissed him. He just sat there rubbing his thumb across his bottom lip.

"Leonardo don't make me tell you again." She seethed.

"Yes ma'am." Leo popped up from his seat, bringing the bag of veggies they had brought and setting them on the counter.

"Wait." Carmin stopped him, before he could do anything more. "Go get the book first."

He nodded, heading off into the living room. The cookbook was sitting over the coffee table, waiting for him.

The dope hoped after cooking, they could come into the living room and watch a movie for the night. He even had some ice cream in the freezer for desert. Leo smiled to himself just thinking about it. He had been waiting for this date all week, and could barely contain that excitement of his.

He walked back into the kitchen to see the short girl still peeling the potatoes. He walked across the room and settled the book just in front of her. He brought the carrots and celery to the cutting board, and took out the knife.

He chopped one slice of the carrot.

Carmin immediately stopped what she was doing, and gawked at him with wide eyes.

"Are you trying to cut your finger off?" She scolded, setting the potato down.

"What?"

Carmin took hold of the knife, and showed him the proper form. She cut three slices of the carrot, before giving the knife back, so he could try himself.

He failed.

With a sigh, Carmin grabbed hold of his hand, and guided him herself, giving clear instruction, as he stared into the side of her face.

"Are you listening idiot?"

"Mhm." He lied, focusing most of his attention on the fact that their hands were touching.

"What did I just say?"

"Cut....something."

"Leonardo."

"Tell me one more time."

Carmin explained it again, and motioned for him to try himself.

Leo didn't even feel bad, when he intentionally started to cut even worse than he did before. He just wanted their hands to touch again.

"I think...you have to show me again." He said, upon seeing her confused face.

Carmin was busy wondering how he had gotten worse.

"You're terrible at this." She sighed, gripping his hand again. "It's not that hard, what are you not getting?"

Leo just tilted his head and smiled at their hands. Carmin let out a groan when she realized she had fallen for his trap.

"Asshole." She let go of him, and returned to the potato.

"You're just such a good teacher." Leo explained with a growing smirk. "I had to soak up all the knowledge."

"Die." Carmin growled at him, keeping her gaze firmly on the starch she was peeling.

"Okay." Leo just smiled as he started to cut into the veggies.