Chapter22: Cat and Mouse

Hey❤️💫
Enjoy.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

"Carmin Lewis." Mr. Inoue called roll early Monday morning.

"Here."

That was interesting to hear, especially considering the fact that Carmin was nowhere in the room. She hadn't shown up for class that morning.

Mr. Inoue sighed at the boy who had falsely answered the roll."Mr. Rogers, you are not Carmin Lewis."

The kid shrugged his shoulders. "She paid me twenty bucks to say here."

Leo was about to have a hissy fit. His foot tapped the floor erratically and his back teeth nearly killed every nerve in his tongue. Carmin hadn't answered any of his calls. She hadn't showed up for class, and she had indeed paid someone to announce her presence, all to get away from him.

He was well aware that Dr. Jones would excessively punish her with more group therapy if she missed another class on her own merits. So he was even more upset that she chose to risk the punishment, all to get away from him.

At the end of class, he got up from his seat and approached the boy who had tried to vouch for her presence. "You."

"Huh?" The boy asked slightly, shaking under Leo's glare.

"Have you seen Picc- Carmin?"

"She gave me twenty bucks not to answer any questions from you."

Leo clenched his jaw and tightened his fists. The boy, out of fear for his life scurried out of the classroom. That was good judgement on his part. Leo was more than ready to hit him in order to get a proper answer from him.

***

Carmin watched from behind a bush, as Leo headed towards Nic's car in the parking lot at the brink of dismissal.

"This fucker." She cursed as she took out her phone.

It had been hard as hell ducking and dodging him. Somehow he knew her entire schedule. He showed up early to each one of her classes, and waited for her. Then he'd show up just before each class dismissed. Throughout the day Carmin traveled through a number of back doors, and opposing hallways all to avoid him. She couldn't fathom how she had gotten away so smoothly.

Just as Nic was about to let down the window to greet Leo his phone began to ring. "Carmin, where are you? I'm here at the lot."

"I see you." She assured him, before whispering, "Tell Leo I took an uber home."

"No Carmin."

"Nic, this is your chance to be a good liar." Carmin ducked down, when Leo's eyes began to scan the area. "Please."

"Why?"

"We are in the middle of an argument."

"Oh, a lovers spat?"

"Sure." She rolled her eyes and hung up the phone.

"Carmin is taking an uber home." Nic said in the most "subtle" way possible.

"What?" Leo's eyes were starting to burn with red. He'd been chasing after the short girl all day, and he was about fed up with her running. "I'll just meet her Dr. Jones' then."

As soon as Leo departed from the car, Carmin dashed across the lot, moving as fast as her little legs would take her.

The dope turned his head when the sound of footsteps met his ears. Once he caught sight of Carmin, he wasted no time chasing after her. Without a doubt Leo was faster, but Carmin had a head start.