Special: The Greedy Gir1

Hi.
Here's a little special to hold you over.
I hope you Enjoy.
All rights reserved.
-malayjahthewriter

Before meeting Dr. jones.

About 11 months prior
This is a flashback guys...

"Carmin?" Nic dropped his briefcase down on the sofa as his eyes looked around for a certain someone."Little chocolate drop, we're eating out tonight.."

No response.

That was quite strange.

After he called her that nickname, Nic always heard Carmin yell back, "go to hell."

That day of all days he wasn't greeted with that term of "endearment."

He waltzed up the stairs and stopped just in front of her bedroom. He peeked inside and frowned when he didn't see her.

"Carmin?" He narrowed his eyes on the empty bed. "Where are you?"

The concerned Uncle headed towards the restroom, seeing that the light was on.

He knocked tentatively on the door. "Carmin, are you in there?"

No sound.

"Carmin?" He twisted the door knob. "My little chocolate drop?"

Nick sighed as he started to open the door. "Are you mad at me? I know you want  to homeschool Carmin, but I really think you'll meet some friends, have a nice school experience. It'll be good for you-"

Nic eye's drifted to the floor when he heard a splash in sync with his step. He could see water seeping through the crack at the bottom of the door.

"Carmin!" He pushed through the door.

As soon as he saw his niece his heart dropped.

Carmin, fully clothed, sat in the bathtub. The tub was full to the brim with water.There was an empty jar of pills on the countertop.

"No." Nic, with tears already pouring from his eyes, threaded through the water. He kneeled beside her

"Carmin." He patted the side of her face. "Baby wake up...."

She didn't budge.

"Don't leave me." Nic's heart sank to the bottom of his stomach as he whipped out his phone and started to dial 911.

"Pick up. Pick up." He squeezed Carmin's hand as he waited.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"My niece swallowed some pills, she's not waking up... I-I-"

"Sir Calm down, is she still breathing?"

"Yes...She is." Nic pressed his hand over her chest. He could barely keep himself from shaking, but he did his best. His thoughts were twisted and all he could do in that moment was imagine the worst.

More tears fell from his eyes, as he did what he could to get himself together."The address is 649 Spooner Drive. Please come quickly."

"Is she lying on her back?"

"No." Nic sniffled. "She's sitting up. She's in the bathtub."

"Sir, the medics are on the way,-"

"Wake up Please." Nic mumbled these last words to his dear niece before the sirens of an ambulance blasted through the neighborhood.

******

Nic watched as Carmin was rolled away into the hospital room, feeling as if he was about to throw up. His clothes were drenched in the water, and there was a deep ache within his chest.