Chapter5: Crowbar

Enjoy! Vote! Comment! No copying!
-malayjahthewriter

She wasn't there that morning.

Leo damn near smiled to himself after the final bell rang.

No more Mozart. No more of him being distracted by her large hair. This was great. This is what he had been wanting, for an entire month.

But then Mr. Inoue started to hand out prep for the group project.

Leo, for the first time in his life, got angry at the prospect of working alone. But of course he couldn't admit this to himself at the time.

***

"How-"

Leo cut off Dr. Jones before he could even get his question out. "That idiot didn't show up. I had to deal with the project on my own."

"Really?" The therapist tilted his head. "She didn't show up for her session either. Maybe she slept in ...."

"Typical. Just leave me to-"

This time Dr.Jones interrupted Leo this time. "Isn't that what you wanted? To work on the project alone."

"Y-You're the one who forced this on us. So of course I'd expect her to do HER part."

"I-"

Knock,Knock,Knock.

The receptionist barged in the door with a panicked expression. "Dr. Jones, sorry for interrupting but there's a problem...the cops are here."

Dr. Jones rose from his seat and quickly made his way out of the room. Leo was right behind him.

Carmin.

The short dark skinned girl stood there in her zebra pajama bottoms and bunny slippers. There were grass blades and dirt all throughout her hair.She had green stains and what looked to be grey dust all over. A cop dressed in navy blue uniform stood beside her, refraining from touching his little convict.

"Doctor, this is the last time I deal with your crazy patient." The cop informed rather annoyed.

Carmin crossed her arms. "I'm not crazy, I'm clinically insane. There's a big difference."

"What did she do?"

Leo kept looking between the cop and Carmin. How could someone so small get into trouble with the cops?

"She was in the graveyard again. But this time she brought firecrackers, and this." The cop held up the crowbar for Dr. Jones to see.

"She managed to turn the entire tombstone into dust."

"Carmin." Dr. Jones spoke carefully. "Was it your father's?"

"Yes."

"Will she be charged?" The therapist sighed.

"With your word she won't. She didn't resist and we didn't have to use force, so she should be fine. But if it happens again..."

"It won't. Isn't that right, Carmin?"

"Tell that bastard to stop showing up in my dreams and we'll see." She hissed, making the cop,who wasn't used to the clinically ill, cringe.

Dr. Jones shook the cop's hand gratefully. He knew Carmin's beloved uncle would have freaked if he'd had to pick her up from the police station."Uh, thank you officer, for bringing her here."

"Could I have the crowbar back? I kind of stole it from my Uncle...." Carmin asked, reaching her hand out for the crow bar.

"It's mine now." The cop shook his head. "You have a good day Dr. Jones. And Ms. Lewis, please stay out of trouble."