Chapter 1- 2021

Trigger Warnings

Hope's Pov

I couldn't breathe, I couldn't fucking breathe. That name, that fucking name and I share direct DNA with her, it was bad enough that I was related to her because I thought she was my aunt, but now I find out that she's my fucking biological mom.

It's been 16 years I could've gone my entire life not knowing that fucking information. My question is how the fuck did we not find out sooner.

"I need you to steady your breathing, I know it ticks you off to say that, but I need you to breathe."

I couldn't. I couldn't fucking focus on one thing, I couldn't even begin to try to focus on my breathing. Everything just went black.

Chris POV

"Fuck, Scott! A little help, possibly bring pain pills, water and frozen corn from the fridge!" She passed out. What else did I expect.

Scott arrived with the things. "I feel as if we should take her to the hospital."

"She'll wake up, her pulse is steady now, so give it 10 minutes if she doesn't wake up in 10 minutes then we do something."

"Okay."

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. I'm just silently freaking out, but I gotta remain calm for now. She has never passed out from a panic attack, or at least that I know of. At least not with me.

About 8 minutes later she started coughing, and opening her eyes.

"Shit."

"Language."

She chuckled.

"I have a really bad headache."

I handed her the pain pills and water. She drank it, swallowed the pills.

"Alright you okay?"

"Not I'm the slightest, more calm now tho."

"Okay good, good thing your dad was holding you, or you probably would've hit your head."

"But I didn't."

"That's a good thing."

"Alright I'll be in the kitchen if anyone needs me, you want grapes?" Scott said meanwhile looking at Hope.

"I'll go outside right now."

Scott just nodded.

"You have managed to turn into everyone's favorite didn't even offer me grapes." I said meanwhile trying to relive the tension.

Hope's Pov

"It's called being likeable, you should try it sometimes."

"Hey I'm likeable, I have many fan accounts and fanfiction about me."

"Eh, you're okay."

He just shook his head meanwhile luaghing. He say down next to me.

"You wanna talk about what is going through your head?"

"Mmmm.... Talking about my feelings close to 1 am in the morning where I'll have no filter or talking about what I feel I'm the afternoon tomorrow, when I can control more of what I say."

"I say right now, that way I have a full picture, also you seem so calm about passing out."

"Not my first time, it's been a while, just not my first time."

He just nodded awkwardly.

"Alright I don't know how to start so you gotta ask questions."

"Okay what are you're thoughts?"

"That I am disgusted to be that related to a person, it was bad enough I had to be related to her by her being my aunt, now her being my fucking biological mother, that's just a hell no."

"I would say language but I'll let it slide, anything else?"

"Yeah whole in the hell did that not get mentioned during the whole adoption progress, and stuff?"

"I'm trying to figure that out as well."

"Would it be legal for me to try to get into the database for like all the test and blood work from 16 years ago?"

"Not even in the slightest, so don't. I'm scared you'll actually succeed."

"Sad. I'm also thinking how in the world didn't I know for 16 years. 16 fucking years."

"Alright so we both want answers, what do you say we do digging, not right now of course but over time?"

"I was gonna do some anyway without you saying that, but sure."

"I know you were, I'm just trying to not let you do anything illegal."

"It's not illegal unless you get caught."

"I'm not even. What else are you thinking?"

"That I wanna change into sweatpants."

"Wow, I'll get out, I'll let you change and then we can try to do some normal new years things but I doubt that we'll be able to now."

"Well we still need to eat the grapes."

He nodded and closed my door. I changed into white sweats and a gray hoodie. Went back out and saw that Uncle Scott also changed, and my dad came out about 2 minutes later also changed.

We ate the grapes. But all that went through my head is that, did biological mother not want me? And why didn't she like me?

Of course I know she probably didn't want me, years of experience with her led me to know that.

But what went wrong? I wanna know what the fuck happened. Next thing you know Chris is snapping his fingers infront of my face.

He gave me this look like asking me if I was okay. I wasn't. Not at all. All that was happening was me reliving my past and remembering all the words, threats, bruises, cuts, all the problems that she gave me. Meanwhile reliving that thinking about the why.

I had tears in my eyes, and went to go hug my dad. He didn't ask any questions and hugged me back.

Scott was just chilling on the couch. One of those moments where he doesn't know what to do.

When I stopped hugging my dad, I decided to be a little bit normal or act like it.

"Who wants to play you can catch the most amount of grapes in their mouth?"

To which both of them responded with me, and I will win.

My dad ended winning, I ended up losing in a sad 3rd place. Smh. After that I low-key just wanted to do something that I haven't in a while.

I grabbed my guitar from my room, and sat down with them in the living room. My dad played the piano, and Scott was singing with us.

I had to end the night well, because this year is gonna be shit, and I could feel it already.

But I'm ready to discover more of my past, but I also know that this will bring lots of triggering thoughts back. I just have to get through it, and I'll have my dad on the way.