Chapter 59- First day of senior and Adult Children

I woke up, and immediately went online to check my classes. I had been told that our classes are final once the first day of school hits, because they have been changing. So I checked, I only had 4, and then I get to leave when 2nd lunch is.

Most of them were electives, with one AP class. World history, fuck it whatever. I sent my schedule to Mike, and we had 3 classes together other than 2nd, which was Health for him, and for me would be world history.

I went to get dressed afterwards, and did my hair. I put some things in my backpack, note it is from my sophomore year. When I was done, my dad was already up, and I think he was more hyped than me.

He made me take a photo, with one of those cheesy signs that you draw. He had already told me that he was gonna let me drive to the school today, because he has been teaching me, and even though I have no permit, we don't care apparently.

It was a calm drive, we had left earlier so that I didn't have a lot of cars to deal with, and then when I had to park I parked in the farthest part of the driveway. Away from all the cars, I gave my dad his hug in the car, and then left for school.

Shit senior year. Class of 2022. Gross. I went inside, and found out we weren't going to use lockers, found this out because they were all covered. I mean I'm not surprised. I met with Mike by our first class, his mask was not school appropriate.

"Mike."

"What?"

"You're a mask."

"I know." He grabbed a plain black one outta his bag, and switched it. The one before was the same one he had going to Walmart, and then we saw Riley coming our way.

"Hey Hope."

"Hey Riley, I'm assuming you have your elective first period?"

"Yup."

"Hope did you dad let you drive?"

"Yeah, surprisingly."

"And you didn't crash. Shocker."

"Anyway Senior year, last year and then we leave this secret jail for children."

"Yes I am excited, this is going to be fun. Especially since you and I have barely any classes, Riley, we're waiting for you next semester."

"I'll try."

"Hope you weren't even supposed to be here."

"Yeah well I chose to be normal."

"What does that mean?"

"Hope had the option of graduating early, but she decided not to because and I quote 'My life needs normal in it.' Dumbass."

"Hey did you have to drive your sister?"

"Yeah, she separated from me as soon as we got here though."

"Her and Shawn aren't dating anymore right? Also Shawn is a theater kid we know."

"Oh so you guys are theater dorks."

"No, I just vibe with them, Mike is."

"Rumor has it that Davis is making you audition for the musical and the play."

"No."

"So if you're not in the theater what do you do?"

"She wrote a musical, she did it in a month, it wasn't bad either."

"Yeah and then I was just the opener and playing music when people were walking in. I'm never doing that again, and Ms Davis is never doing that play again. I deleted all of it off my computer, and Ms Davis agreed to not doing it again. Plus now I have all the rights,"