Chapter 26- UNCLE SUPERIOR

Now what will I do now being in Los Angeles, nothing. I'll chill with Uncle Scott during the days, and wait for my dad to come pick me up and then take me with him. That's about it, I woke up to my dad shaking me awake.

"Yes, hi get up."

"I hate waking up early."

"Yeah well it's 5 am, and your first class is at 8 am, which means you have to go on zoom right now."

"That's what i get for being at a school that has a time zone 3 hours ahead of me, isn't that pleasant."

"Yeah well, oh well, I'm surprised I even got up, but here we are."

"So father dearest when are you going to work?"

"Imma leave around 7, but because of time differences and me still trying to get used to it again, imma stick around and bother you until I have to take you to Scott's and go to work."

"It's so weird not being in Boston, I got so used to the same schedule for the past year, but a change of pace is good, keeps me on edge, and leaves me not to die of boredom from having the same routine. I would certainly be starting my dad earlier than usual, but whatever."

"Kay, well while you do that, Imma go back to sleep."

"What happened to bothering me?"

"Imma bother you with my snores."

"Wow- okay."

I continued on with classes, I complained even when I had to get up, then again getting up at 5 am is like getting up at 8 am boston time, so here we are. In this little rabbit hole of time difference, and online school. Technically my district gave me an option to go back, but with going to LA of course I didn't care.

Around 6:45 am my dad woke up again, and started getting ready. After he did that, forced me to get ready. I'm just really lazy right now, to be honest. So when I did get ready, I turned on my hotspot, followed my dad with a computer meanwhile I had my computer on mute on zoom. Once I got into the car unmuted.

To where he dropped me off at my Uncle Scott's door, and then bounced. Rude. Uncle Scott basically squished me, and led me inside. To where I sat on a stool, and left my zoom meeting.

Once I finished with school, Uncle Scott and I basically watched law in order the rest of the day, and ate food. Love uncle and niece bonding. It's so fun, I get to correct people on how they murdered the wrong way.

"Hey Uncle Scott, so where's the video of me acting all weird?"

"You mean the wisdom teeth removal, I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Shhhhhhh, yes you do, you admitted it the first time I asked."

"No because if I tell you, you're gonna delete it."

"Okay to be fair nothing can be more embarrassing than me telling my current boyfriend that I loved him, when I haven't even been dating him for a month, and then leaving him on read for like a week."

"You left your boyfriend on read?"

"Technically on delivery, but that's not important."

"You really shouldn't ghost your boyfriend."

"Hey ya know what, it's fine. Totally fine. Nothing wrong with us, we're all fine and dandy."

"I have a question?"

"Yes?"

"Is he nice?"

"Yes. I wouldn't go for an asshole, so yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"I am not gonna have an enemy to lovers trope, no."

"You never know."

"I have control over my love life, which by the way, I want my dad to start dating, so how do I go on about that?"

"You want a stepmom?"

"No not at all, I don't like the idea of that, it's that I'm turning 17 in 4 months, and then imma be applying to colleges later on, and I'm almost a senior in highschool. So he really needs to not be lonely."

"Don't worry he has Dodger, yeah sorry I can't help you there."

"Darn, I swear I better have no secret siblings."

"Ya know you probably do."

"Gross."

"Except they wouldn't be related to you at all, so they would be step siblings."

"That's true, I forgot I'm not biologically related to you guys."

"Really?"

"Kinda, to be honest I just blur it out and say fudge it, and then i'm like oh yeah i'm Chris Evans daughter, and I forget it's not biologically sometimes. It's me coping with that. I'm related to a horrid person, and 2 people that are dead."

"You freak me out, stop saying that with calmness."

"I honestly don't think anything could phase me anymore, but at the same time I think I would have a mental breakdown at the same time."

"You confuse me, but I'm also really entertained right now."

"I mean if I was a simple person, I wouldn't be as funny as I am."

"That's very true, I'm glad that your dad is back at work, and I get to babysit you."

"I feel like i'm 4, why- why that wording." Que me laughing nervously, meanwhile putting my hand on my forehead.

"Okay then keeping an eye out for you."

"Yes thank you that makes that better."

"I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not."

"At this point neither can I."

After a lot more time, my dad finally came to get me, and then I said bye to Uncle Scott until tomorrow. When I repeat this whole process again. It's like 11 pm by the time we're back in the hotel room. I pulled out the couch bed, and then laid down.

"Don't you want to get dressed for bed?"

"I will give myself a minute to confuse myself."

"Ya know at this point I don't even wanna ask, how was your day with Uncle Scott?"

"It was cool, I think I would be able to pull of the perfect murder, I mean its quite simple."

"No murder allowed in this family."

"That's a sad rule."

"No it's a perfectly reasonable rule. It's a law."

"Wow you're going there, rude."

"It's the law?!?"

"Shhhhhh, thin wall person."

"Go get ready for bed, did you do your homework?"

"Yep meanwhile watching TV with uncle Scott."

"Okay well, at least you did it."

"You sound like such a dad."

"I have been apparently for the past 3 years."

"It's been an amazing 3 years."

"Yeah definitely been amazing, other than everything bad that happened."

"We repress those memories."

"That's not healthy."

"Well not actually, we just never speak of them."

"Get ready for bed."

"Fine."

I got ready for bed, and laid down.

"Goodnight pops."

"Goodnight."