Chapter 65- Thanksgiving

When we got back to Boston we came back with our very best friend Scott Evans. My dearly beloved uncle. Today was the day of Thanks. Ya know honestly just an excuse to eat food, honestly lowkey overrated especially because of the past that America does not share.

Thanksgiving massacre, something teachers are not allowed to talk about even if they believe it was wrong. Which it was. But apparently we don't focus on that, we just eat. This Thanksgiving it's the siblings and their kids, and it's taking place at our house.

Which meant the day where we have to clean everything before people get here at 3 pm we agreed. That way if people still need to cook, they can. As I was cleaning my dad was talking to me.

"Hey Hope, I'm letting you know I have to go back to La, but this time you aren't going with me, because of school and everything."

"Okay so where am I going to be?"

"Oh no you're staying here, you can drive now, you have a permit, and by the time I get back you'll be allowed a license."

"Okay, are you coming back for Christmas?"

"Of course what type of father do you think I am?"

"A good one."

"Good."

"So I'll be home alone?"

"Basically I trust you plus you're old enough to manage by yourself for a while. Plus if you need anything just call my ma."

Then Scott chimed in. "Oh cool, Hope you should invite me for a party."

"I don't like people."

"That's the good part of an antisocial kid, you don't have to worry about them throwing parties."

"Yeah."

Then I got a text from Mike asking if I could talk, and he called me when I replied yeah. I walked to my room.

"What's going on?"

"My parents don't want me at our house."

"Wait, why?"

"I came out again, because the first time they didn't believe me and only believed me recently when Marisol showed them a picture of me and Zayn kissing. I didn't think it bothered them until right now because they don't want me in the house while having family over."

"Oh my god- I'll go pick you up. Imma leave in five minutes."

I hung up on him, and went immediately to my dad.

"Dad? Serious question, lets say one of my friends dads are homophobic, and doesnt want then to spend thanksgiving with them because they're going to have family over, and their ashamed, and if I asked you if they could spend it with us, what would you say?"

"I would say take the car, and bring him over here. What's wrong?"

"Mike. His family doesn't want him there."

"Go pick him up, I'll finish over here. Tell him to pack for at least three days."

"Thank you."

He nodded, and I went to grab the keys. I drove straight over there. Mike brought out a duffle bag, and some shoes, and went in the passenger seat. We didn't talk the whole way to my house.

CHRIS POV

After Hope left the house, I sighed. Scott looked at me smiling. "Look at you being the cool dad, and not being homophobic."