Chapter 20- ?Officially Official?

Today was the day I was gonna sit down with my father, and figure out what the fuck I wanted to do with my life.

Was I looking forward to this? Not at all. Do I need to do it? Seeing that my senior year is creeping up on me, and I have 3 months left, yes yes I do need to do this.

This so also the day I tell my father that I am in a relationship, because ya know why not. Something I should be able to do, except for the fact that I am scared as hell to tell him and thinking of just not, but I know if I don't, seb, mackie, and Tom would all say something and we don't need my father finding out some other way.

Now you may be asking? Hope why are you scared shitless to tell your father you are in a relationship? Welp quite simple, I don't think he thinks I'm ready for another relationship, and that I haven't physically met the boy and have only texted and facetimed him.

I'm quite scared to say anything but ya know, it's fine. Totally fine, imma just do it.

I went to the kitchen with my laptop and a notebook and pencil. I like writing things down sometimes its fine.

So I just set it up, and he comes from his room, and sits down next to me.

"This looks like an intervention."

"Feels like one too."

"Glad we're on the same page, alright what's some majors you can take?"

"Alright, I could become a therapist." As I said that I thought. The person who needs therapy, what's to be a therapist, wow.

Then I thought of a new job, a job that I've only thought about a bit, but it's a good one. Social worker, I can make sure or at least try to prevent what happened to me, happen to other kids.

"Therapist... The person who needs therapy, said therapist."

"Ayy, that's what I was thinking, anyway, social worker. I could be apart of a kid getting a home that they deserve, and take kids outta homes that that treats them how I was treated."

"That's a start."

I looked up majors that I would have to take to become a social worker, and I clicked on a website which took me to Brandman University.

"Brandman University."

"Where's that?"

"California, I'm still looking and imma try to find things that are closer."

He just nodded. After more searching of colleges, I had 4 schools listed for the specific majors I needed, and so I started on another possible job, at least this way I narrow down my options.

During this time, I just decided to tell my father.

"Hey dad, so I have a boyfriend."

"That came outta no where."

"Yeah."

"It's the Paddy kid right?"

"Yeah, yeah, are you okay with it?"

"It's you're life, I don't necessarily agree with it, but again it's your life."

"That was literally the most passive agressive sentence you could've said."

"Yeah well, have you told Uncle Scott?"

"Oh- shizzz, I HAVEN'T."

"Does anyone know?"

"Seb, Mackie, Holland, mama olsen and mama Scarlett, oh and then the girl groupchat."

"So almost everyone except me, great."

"To be fair, I accidentally told seb, mackie and holland, I meant to text the girl group chat."

"At least I found out before Scott."

"That's very true."

"Kay that's enough searching for schools, take a break."

I just nodded and closed my computer, that conversation could've gone worse, and I'm glad it didn't. He didn't look to happy about it, but also looked like he was kinda okay with it. My dad is a very confusing man, who knows all disney songs.

And can name all the seven dwarfs. Its a good thing tho.

I honestly didn't know what to do, since I did all my homework, and have a clean room. Or else I would've cleaned my room, but I already did. So now imma just text Mike, and Zayn.

Hope:
Hiya assholes

Mike:
Hey bitch

Zayn:
Sup hoe

Hope:
I'm bored

Mike:
Wanna talk wandavision with us?

Zayn:
The answer is yes

Hope:
I fucking sobbed toward the end

I cried so hard

Mike:
So did we, so did we.

Zayn:
I cried very badly

Hope:
I wasn't ready

I passed time texting them, rest of the day was lowkey boring.