Chapter 71- Holiday Spirit

Today was one of those awkward days between Christmas and New Years. Ya know those days where you're not really sure as to what to do. So me and my dad decided to be productive and we started taking down Christmas decorations.

We also decided that we were going to organize everything in the garage. Also side note I sold everything my dad gave me, like his stuff I saved 7 years ago. For the most part I got some good money for it. I mean they were a bunch of collectables.

Anyway, back to the present. As I was putting the box away that had the Christmas stuff, my phone rang. I knew this because the music stopped.

"Who is it?"

"Mike."

I answered the phone.

"Hope can I come over?"

I looked at my dad, and he just nodded. The thing was still connected to Bluetooth. Which was a risk in itself. "Yeah, what happened?"

"I'll show you when I get there."

He hung up, and I basically was just worried for Mike.

"Is he okay?"

"I don't know. He hasn't come over since Winter Break started I think. The Tuesday before Christmas."

"Has he called you?"

"No, I mean we text, but short conversations. I mean it's not uncommon."

"Okay, just let me know if it's anything bad."

I left my dad in the garage, and went to the living room.I heard the knock on the door. I opened it and Mike was looking down. I let him in, and he said a quick hey, and then nudged me to follow him to my room.

"Hey what happ-" I gasped when he looked up.

"Mike what the fuck happened?"

"My dad happened."

"You're not going back."

"Hope I can't just leave my home permanently."

"I don't care. You can't go back there."

I pulled him to the bathroom. He has a black eye, and there was a cut by his eyebrow.

"Where's your dad?"

"Garage."

"Don't tell him what happened."

"Mike, your dad hit you."

"It was one time. I dont think it's gonna happen again."

"Mike, you can't go back."

I cleaned his cut and he pushed me away, not hard but just a bit. Mostly because it did sting. "When did you? Ya know what, never mind."

I just looked at him awkwardly. I bandaged his cut, good thing is, it's not deep enough to need stitches or anything.

"When did this happen?"

"Today, like ten minutes before I called you. I left when he was coming to my room. I heard him muttering like a speech. I think he was going to say sorry."

My dad knocked on the door, and I told him to give me a minute. I left Mike in the bathroom, and walked to open my door.

"Where's Mike? Ask him if he's staying for dinner?"

"Yes he is. He's in my bathroom."

"What happened?"

"I dont know."