Chapter 44-okay

+Hope POV+

When I woke up, I was absolutely still mortified. I didnt wanna get up, I'm pretty sure I missed all my classes, and my dad was nowhere to be seen. I just got dressed still covering the bruises. I also had some scratches from the shower last night, but I just left it alone. I just wore a hoodie, and some jeans. When I went out my dad had food bags.

¨I decided that today I would be with you, and first things first, eat.¨

¨I'm not that hungry.¨

I actually felt nauseous if I was telling the truth, I knew that I wouldn't be able to stomach anything. I didn't really want to try either. He just put the food down and then looked at me. Or tried to look me in the eyes, but I just kept staring at the ground.

I didn't face him, if I did the whole emotional father daughter moments happen, and as much as I love those, I would rather not cry my eyes out at 10 am in the morning. Not healthy to start off your day having a mental breakdown. Or at least I dont think it is. I don't know if I stopped paying attention to what my therapist said a while ago.

I just opened up the laptop and just finished work I missed since I didn't wake up before the ass crack of dawn. He just watched, like he was silently observing my actions.

Which right now typing, because our teacher decided to give us stupid questions about some random text book, that I left in Boston, and have never read. This is where quizlet comes in clutch. I feel like the author of my life is running out of dialog and is just fuckiing shit up for fun now, they're one cruel son of a bitch I swear. Actually no, that's offensive to their parents.

Asshole. Give me one good thing, one good news.

¨Hey Hope so when we go to London, you'll be staying with Tom alright.¨

¨Wait really?¨

¨Well when he found out he begged me to let him keep you for the 2 weeks we'll be there, and I said yes with many terms and conditions. Thought you should know since you've been down lately.¨

Author I love you, keep doing you.

¨One of the conditions is to not leave you and paddy alone together

Never mind author, but thank you for trying.

¨Okay, reasonable.¨

¨Especially since I know what happened with your other boyfriend, which I still have no idea how, because I kept an eye on you the entire time, until he left.¨

I made no comment, and continued my work. It's not like I have any motivation to even think about or even come close to doing that again. Once I finished all the work and homework for today, I closed my laptop and my dad had put something in the microwave.

Then he put the bag in front of me. ¨You need to eat.¨

I just took the bag, and very slowly ate, I ate like half and then gave the rest to my dad. I didnt even wanna try to act okay, I'm just tired of it. What I decided to do was just lay down, scrolling through the endless content of Tiktok.

Afterwards I honestly had no clue of what I was supposed to be doing, but I knew my father would not let it go that I was acting weird. Which I was but for a good reason. Here's the thing, here's the thing, I gave up on life. Well current life, too many things happen, and I'm tired of it.

And then I saw a text from Sophia, which I did not expect.

Sophia:
Chris knew about your dad

Hope:
No he did not

Sophia:
He knew about me, Sophia, and your brother.

Hope:
He would've told me

Sophia:
He didn't ask him

He'll deny it but he knew

Hope:
You would say anything for me not to like Chris, and I don't believe you

Sophia:
Oh my little girl, ask him

Hope:
Never text me again

I just shut off my phone, and Chris saw me throw it on a pillow that's on the floor.

¨What happened?¨

¨My dad texted me through Sophia's phone claiming that you knew about him and his family.¨

That's when my dad's whole demeanor changed, and his body language got uncomfortable.

¨It's not true right?¨

¨You think I wouldn't tell you?¨

¨That's exactly what I think, you try to shelter me, even though half the time it ends up failing."

"Tell me one time I have tried to shelter you."

"When you took away my phone the video got out."

"I didn't know how you were going to react. Which wasn't good."

"Maybe I would have had a different reaction if you would have told me, and not me just finding out. Just like this. Just answer the question Dad please? Did you know."

"Yes."

"And you didn't tell me? What's the point of wanting a close relationship where I can tell you things, but you won't tell me things. When it especially involves me? Is that supposed to be fair?"

"Okay you wanna know things so much, your dad is the one who put out the video."

I just stayed silent. I knew it. I fucking knew it but I was denying this whiole entire time.

"You wanna know something else, whatever I try to do, I can't do anything without worrying about you."

That one hurt.

__________________________
A/N: so here's the thing I'll try to keep writing frequently but idk so yeah I really wrote this while being in math class