Chapter 68- Play night

My dad decided to take me to school, just for fun apparently. Secretly because he knows that he won't see me for like another 2 weeks before Christmas and New Years and then he leaves again. It's fine though, pretty since the day he got me he hasn't left my side at all.

I still remember that one article when they thought I was Sebastian's or Mackie's kid. That went over well with the press, especially when it was announced that I was actually the daughter of Chris Evans. I'm known as that now.

When our school day was over, me and mike went to my house for a little bit, till it was out call time. Which was at five, so we did homework in my room, meanwhile my dad was just laying down on my bed with dodger.

It was fine though. I still remember when Mike couldn't believe that we were in the right house. Also remember those long walks to and from school, but they were fun. Now I drive, how time has gone.

We left the house, reminding my dad that tickets were online, making sure he bought his already. The show was at 7, but we still needed time to check mic's and everything. When we got there, we got put in costumes, and then mic's.

We got our mic checks, we also had a script backstage on both sides of wings, that way people could check just in case. We ran the second act just to make sure everything was clean, the first act was already done.

Before opening I was sitting on the edge of the stage where Mike joined me. "How's it feel being one of the actors?"

"I feel like my dad, but a cooler version."

"You just have to make fun of your dad at all times right?"

"It's funny."

"You're allowed to go to the after party right?"

"We literally talked about this in my room like four hours ago."

"It's still so funny seeing Chris Evans a lot, he used to be like this really big movie star, and now to me he's just my bestfriends dad who lets me basically live at his house."

"Right, I remember. Halloween was a great time in freshman year. Can't believe our senior year is already half way done."

"We have finals next week, then it's over. Although Wednesday we have 1st and 4th, Thursday it's 2nd and 5th, we don't have a 5th, and then Friday it's 3rd and 6th, we don't have a 6th. So Wednesday we only go to school for two hours and then Thursday and Friday only for an hour."

"Yep, and then no more school for three weeks."

"Which I was gonna ask you about Christmas?"

Then we got called backstage because they were going to close the curtains and we had to be in places. Me and Mike enter at the same time. Then it was show time. This was going to be fun.

______Time Skip_____

After the play, and we bowed, I went to change immediately. I got dressed back to my pants and hoodie, it was cold. I got out of the mic, and saw my dad outside waiting. He also looked like he was avoiding people.

Mike and I were in the sound room when one of the stage managers was talking to us. "Are you guys going to the party?"

"Yeah." Then Mike turned toward me. "Is your dad leaving right now or tomorrow?"

"Tonight he has to go to the airport right now, so hurry up."

"Wait your dad, Chris Evans, isn't going to be home and we aren't having the cast party at your house. Why?"

"Because I wouldn't have a party without my dad there."

"That's a bit fake of you." I literally haven't talked to her other than for mics.

"I do not need kids underage drinking on my dad's property. Mike lets go."

Mike rushed and we got out of the sound room. We got our bags and went back to my dad. I hugged him, and he wanted a picture with me, and then me and Mike.

"Alright let me know when you get home. Please don't do anything stupid, as in drink. Love you, and Mike , are you staying over tonight?"

"Yeah. Sorry for staying over so much."

"It's fine, I really don't care, I mean I'm not even there right now."

"Thank you."

We all walked out to the parking lot together. He gave me one last hug before getting into the car. I went with Mike to the car, and we left for the party. I texted my dad for him to let me know when he gets back to La.

We drove to Layla's house. Their parents were going to be home, and when we walked in the sound manager was just shaking her head at us. I overheard some other people's conversation.

"So you're telling me we could've had drinks? And a party without parental supervision at a nice house, more specifically Chris Evans house?"

"Apparently. The only people who know where she lives are Mike, and Riley, oh and Marisol. Marisol would never tell even if she isn't friends with her."

I shook my head, and Mike just looked at me and shrugged. Whatever. We went on and some people came up to Mike, while I was gone. I knew this because I saw three people lowkey crowding him when I came back.

I went close enough to hear. "So tell us are you friends with Hope because of Chris Evans?"

"Have you seen him in person?"

"Her dad is so hot." Gross. He's 40, and not looking for anyone, especially not people still in highschool.

"First of all I was friends with Hope before I knew about Chris Evans being her dad, and way before it got released to the press, second of all yes I have met him."

"Wow Mike, are you just using me to get to my dad?"

"Totally. Not like I just walked into the house, and saw Sebastian Stan and Chris Evans and thought we were in the wrong house."

"Good days." People walked away from us after that.

Mike and I left early since there really wasn't much to do anyway. When we got back to the house, Dodger was excited to see us.

"Hope you looked creepy as a kid."

"My dad said that about me too. It's because of the eyes, isn't it."

"Yeah, seriously what the fuck happened?"

"I don't know but I like it."

"Who's this?"

Mike pointed toward my mom.

"That's my mom, she was great. Learned Spanish from that lady."

"She was pretty."

"Yep. I should text my dad."

Hope:
We got back to the house

I knew he wasn't going to see it for a while, so I'll probably get a response by 7 am. I hate time differences. Because look he's leaving at midnight, right. So he would get there around 7 am here, but the three hour time difference. So that would be like 3 or 4 am over there.

It shouldn't take him as long at the airport though, because he just had a carry on. So he should be fine.

Mike and I decided to watch a movie in my room for a bit, and we both just fell asleep. It's not like we had anything to do Saturday.