Chapter 58- Riley...

Early August, which means it is almost senior year. I get to have early release, as does Mike, because we decided to not fuck of the rest of the years. So that's our reward.

In celebration of that, Mike apparently said that he was introducing his friend that he made when I wasn't in Boston. So this was gonna be exciting. He texted me that he was outside, and I said bye to my dad.

I went out, and saw someone in the front. I went in the back and said hi. "Hello people, Mike, and a person who I am excited that made friends with Mike."

"Hey, I'm Riley." She looked at me, and she had pretty blue eyes, and round glasses. She also had short hair, and a nose piercing. She was really pretty. "I'm Hope."

She smiled at me, and then turned back around. "Riley wanna know a work story?"

"Mike please no."

"When Hope was working at the register, a customer yelled at her, and Hope just stood there waiting for the receipt, and then gave it to her with her change. Looking unphased, then the Lady just stormed out forgetting her sandwiches, and so we got to eat them after she didn't come back for twenty minutes."

"Oh cool, how long have you guys been friends?"

"Almost 4 years."

"We met in school, me and marisol thought Hope was white, and then we bonded over the fact she knew spanish."

"Hey, why don't you talk about marisol? She's your twin right?"

"Yeah, we haven't been getting along lately."

"So when did you guys meet?"

"May, I think."

"Yeah he made me a sandwich, and then he forgot to give me my change, and he was cool, so then after that we started hanging out."

"Oh that's fun, Mike where are we going?"

"Mall."

I just nodded, we continued talking, and found out Riley was unlabeled, only found that out because Mike was making fun of me for being a closted bisexual, and then she defended me, and then said that she was personally unlabeled. Again she was really pretty.

Then we got on the topic of me having a boyfriend, again because of Mike. When we finally got to the mall, we started walking around, Mike pulling us to get coffee, which I made him let me pay for.

Riley seemed chill. I know she knows about my dad, through Mike, but she hasn't asked anything about it, unlike most people. Usually when I meet someone new, they ask about my dad. I'm just glad this isn't the case.

After coffee, Mike had said to make sure to bring my card. I am so happy I work now, that way I know that I'm spending my money. Probably because of clothes shopping. We went to some stores, and Riley and Mike gave honest opinions about what I was showing them.

Each of us did the same when the others showed articles of clothing. I noticed that Riley kept looking at me, but then stopped when I saw her. I decided to just talk to her.

"So you are new to the area?"

"Yeah, imma be going to your guys school when it starts again."

"What grade?"

"Senior. Like you guys, except no early release."

"Oh that must suck, but at least you'll have off campus lunch."

"That's true."

"Plus now you have me and Mike, so we can just take you to go get food, unless you drive."

"I do, you?"

"Nope, my dad hasn't exactly taught me."

"Why not?"

"I think the whole me growing up thing scares him."

"Oh, yeah no my parents made me learn how to drive, because I have to drive around my siblings."

"Oh how old are your siblings?"

"Five and eight. Do you have any siblings?"

"One half one. He's 7."

"Oh nice."

Then Mike showed us clothes again, and we told him our thoughts. After that we paid, and continued. The rest of the outing went nicely, Mike took me home first. I said bye, and went to open the door.

Mike left when I opened the door, and got inside. I didn't see my dad in the living room, so I went to put the clothes away. I only bought like 2 pairs of pants and 2 shirts. I went to my dad's room, where he was watching TV.

"How was it?"

"Fun, I met a new girl. Her name is Riley."

"Does she seem nice?"

"Yeah, she's going to be going to our school."

"Speaking of, sooner or later I'm going to leave again, and you have to get to school. I've been thinking as much as I hate it, it's time for you to start learning how to drive again."

"Oh thank god. I was just talking about it earlier."

"So tomorrow, after your shift."

"Okay."

I went back to my room, and put away everything. Paddy called me, so the rest of the day went pretty well.